x

Is Square still offering loans?

I have paid 81% of my first Square Loan. Very curious if Square is still offering Loans anymore? And if so... when?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

I hope Square isn't expecting growth in the number of customers because I only have TEN customers in my TV advertising business and only seven of them pay by credit card.

If customer growth is one of their requirements then I suggest Square should ask and respond to questions. 

I've asked them at least a half dozen times to comment about two of my chargebacks that were not my fault but were caused when Square used "Best Buys TV" which appears to be the big electronics store. My company is "The Best Buys TV Show."

I am now being penalized for those two chargebacks because my clients "Best Buys TV" on their Amex statements.

Message 22 of 25

I’m sure an increasing number of customers looks good for a loan, but I don’t know if it’s vital as long as the other metrics are good.

In your case though, the small number of customers may be a drawback. From the perspective of a loan officer, it could look risky that your revenue is dependent on so few people. If even one stops, it might jeopardize your ability to pay back the loan.

As far as answering questions goes, I doubt it’ll happen. They have millions of customers. And in most cases, engaging in discussion would only lead to an endless argument against people for whom no explanation will ever suffice. Just not worth their time.

This could be a reason they don’t give satisfying answers in general. If they were to explain something, that might give the impression that it’s open to discussion. Probably not a view they want.

Message 23 of 25

I just wanted to come here to post some hope since there are so many discouraging comments regarding square loans program & loan offers.

I reached 71% paid on my loan & received an offer today for a larger loan that paid off the remaining balance on my outstanding loan & left me with a greater amount being deposited into my account then the first loan itself. This loan offer was nearly double my last loan. And honestly my overall sales had dropped somewhat compared to what they were when I was offered my previous loan. However I reached 71% paid back in 3 months & I have gained a lot of new customers in this time frame. So I'm not sure if this helps anyone but I just wanted to share as much of my experience as I could. Keep the hope & have faith! Praying that you all receive the loan you need soon since I know firsthand how much it has benefited my business, especially during the slow "j months" my business encounters. God bless! Small business is the backbone to our country & it requires a hard work ethic to be an entrepreneur so keep up the good work!

Message 24 of 25
Beta Member

I have seen them offer me new loans at 51%, 75%, 90% of old loans paid off, but they have always come through for my business.  

Message 25 of 25