x
Beta Member

New Square Loan 2024

I’m at a bit of a loss for what else I need to do to be offered a new Square Loan at this point. I’ve been with Square for over 10 years, had 7 loans now that I’ve have paid back early every single time. Metrics are all in green, record sales year. In 2023, record numbers across the board, no refunds, no complaints or issues of any kind in our entire history. Current loan is 80% paid off, but no new offer in site. This is the kind of stuff that causes businesses to find someone else to process through! Please help! I’m sure I’ll get the same old excuses that you guys send to everyone about looking at every aspect of the business. But there isn’t a single aspect that isn’t way up. I’m not sure if there is a new process they are using now, or if there is some kind of issue with my banking or something else I’m not thinking about or aware of. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, because I could really use some new capital to start the year off with and reinvest into my business!

Message 1 of 432
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Was your offer higher? Do you have your bank account connected in the loans tab to “generate a better offer”?

View Best Answer >

Message 175 of 432
431 REPLIES 431
Square Champion

It's been trending a higher % paid back to completely paid off for the majority (not all) March I was 81/84% paid off before new offer. Last June 91% paid off. Offer was slightly higher roughly 1-2k more? They are still lending but with the pos businesses the ones that offer loans their customers are saying the same thing. Looks like they are all tighten up pocketbook for a minute and see how things are going. Good luck! 

Message 295 of 432
Beta Member

Yes we use both POS in combination with our online website which all goes towards paying off the loan.

Message 296 of 432
Square Champion

Yeah, hopefully things start getting back on track! We had our best winter and business has been crazy which is good but if they are watching the market, or economy in certain areas and states some are better than others right now. Big box chains closing stores. I'm sure there's way more going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately,  people get use to a certain rhythm and then suddenly it changes it throws you off the norm you're use to. Hopefully, you will get an offer soon! 

Message 297 of 432
Beta Member

My dashboard where it says loan eligibility hasn't updated since Monday! So..... We know they aren't looking every day. I made a huge loan payment yesterday and it's saying I haven't processed enough. YEAH---- ok!!! 

Message 298 of 432
Square Champion

That's interesting 🤔 I'm not trying to be smart. I look at mine every Sunday when I do my weekly round up of numbers and inventory and orders is all. I don't check it daily is all. That's why I said that interesting to hear yours hasn't updated since Monday and we now almost done with Wednesday depending on where you are. How would someone who does daily totals or anything else be able to keep accurate track of the loan section if wasn't updating daily? By that if an area needs work and you are focused on bringing that up and you are by your numbers but on their it doesn't reflect? That makes it 10x harder to get those numbers up. Same thing if you were all green but had 3 slow days and you as the owner knows that but it's not reflected on your screen. Maybe this whole needs work information things need to be addressed or updated differently 🤔 we got by without for 11 years for me. I like it personally but if it's not giving you accurate or updated information that's not good either. Hopefully something shakes loose soon for everyone waiting! 

Message 299 of 432
Square Champion

You're not the only one it seems? I haven't received an email or text reporting any issues? I know prior to my last loan offer in March it seemed off but then I had 3 busy busy days in a row and then an offer popped up. For some reason and maybe it's just me over thinking but it's like a week behind? If I take in a bunch of cash or checks one week and a few cards per day. That week all green? Then the next week solid cards all day I'm down? I'm retail furniture store and it's hard to determine how customers are paying anymore? I see people on here daily asking about the needs works and it was busiest week of the year type thing. Good luck if you are waiting on loan!

Message 300 of 432

Very discouraging as a business owner to have no transparency with the loans department. Also very disappointing that we paid All our loans off way ahead of time and now in 2024 it seems as the loan offers have slowed down completely. It’s like square is just taking everyone’s money and not looking to help their businesses grow very discouraging!!!!

Message 301 of 432
Square Champion

While Square Loans are a different process than traditional banking, though is it actually?  You would fill out all kinds of paperwork, submit taxes and future earnings statements, etc and it was just a black box of yes or no then, now it is just go about your business day and if it pops up with a loan offer it does, no trying to skew the reports

But anyway after that side track the loans in 2024 are actually more plentiful than ever with more being given out every day than ever before.  last quarter it was an average of 1 loan per minute for 90 days and nights straight, which is kinda mind boggling to think of 60 new loans an hour and almost 1,500 a day.  Now why some that had 10 loans are not getting offers it is just speculation, maybe they want to spread loans more around, but the reality is for every post in this thread asking about a loan (around 150 to 200 as some are replies like mine) 200,000 people have gotten a loan since the thread started 5 months ago.  So the loans are out there in mass, just to others, I'd gladly give up my offers if it was possible to then give it to someone that wants it.

Best of luck in everyones business.

Message 302 of 432

It’s still very dissatisfying that we process with square for years and also rely on the extra capital to grow our business with inventory and new equipment every year around this time. Unfortunately we have been counting on the square loans for the last few years during this time because it really helped us grow our business with weddings Proms graduations and etc.. in our salon. We counted on square because we process with them and knew we could budget this into our monthly/yearly revenue. But now I’m being at 89% paid off and not receiving any new offers or transparency on how to receive a new offer is very discouraging. We have paid off all of our loans in full way ahead of time and never had any issues or problems. Being a business owner and relying on capital is very discouraging when you’re being told to just wait without any information on what could be holding your new loan offer up or even on how to better our business to receive a new loan, even though all about checks are in green. In conclusion is just very dissatisfying and discouraging as a business owner when you process with the company because of one of the factors they were offering square loans as capital and then you don’t receive a new offer, after doing good business on our end and just be told we have to wait 

Message 303 of 432
Square Champion

@magnificent4lem wrote:

It’s still very dissatisfying that we process with square for years and also rely on the extra capital to grow our business with inventory and new equipment every year around this time. Unfortunately we have been counting on the square loans for the last few years during this time because it really helped us grow our business with weddings Proms graduations and etc.. in our salon. We counted on square because we process with them and knew we could budget this into our monthly/yearly revenue. But now I’m being at 89% paid off and not receiving any new offers or transparency on how to receive a new offer is very discouraging. We have paid off all of our loans in full way ahead of time and never had any issues or problems. Being a business owner and relying on capital is very discouraging when you’re being told to just wait without any information on what could be holding your new loan offer up or even on how to better our business to receive a new loan, even though all about checks are in green. In conclusion is just very dissatisfying and discouraging as a business owner when you process with the company because of one of the factors they were offering square loans as capital and then you don’t receive a new offer, after doing good business on our end and just be told we have to wait 

Definitely feel what you just said there.  Many business owners feel that same way. While there are some positive things about Square Cpatial that makes it easy (No Credit Hard Pull, Minimal documents, repayment ease) are really probably only the 3 main ones.  You never actually  "build a relationship" that many think you do.  I'm not sure if that will ever change in the future or if it is even humanly possible to with the amount of users who take out loans like @VanKalkerFarms  pointed out. 

Curious though, who is your business banking with?  Have you looked into like a business line of credit (LOC) by chance?  I have one with Chase, and I just got my foot in the door recently with PNC as well.  But they have some decent terms.   While I know the thought of a brick and mortar bank isn't appealing to some, you can however actually go in and speak to their loan officer and build a solid reputation with them which may in turn be more or just as favorable in the long run as Square Capital.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 304 of 432
Square Champion

@Minion Going to a bank is always my answer to these types of questions about getting more and more square loans.  I personally do not think they are good for the business as it is not cheap and it takes the most necessary thing of 20% of your cc sales which is key to getting by if you are struggling. I think It is not the best to take out especially if you are going on Loan 3, 4, 6, 10, 15 you would 100% be better off getting a LOC the savings would be dramatic, and you wouldn't be waiting to see when an offer comes as it is always there.

Message 305 of 432
Square Champion

@VanKalkerFarms wrote:

@Minion Going to a bank is always my answer to these types of questions about getting more and more square loans.  I personally do not think they are good for the business as it is not cheap and it takes the most necessary thing of 20% of your cc sales which is key to getting by if you are struggling. I think It is not the best to take out especially if you are going on Loan 3, 4, 6, 10, 15 you would 100% be better off getting a LOC the savings would be dramatic, and you wouldn't be waiting to see when an offer comes as it is always there.

Exactly @VanKalkerFarms !  It took me a hot minute to get in with Chase (closest one to me is the next state over in VT , 2 hr drive). But they have been good to me so far so I'm not complaining.

I will say, Squares loans *can* be good for someone just starting out, ONLY for the simple fact of the minimal (if any) documentation, lack of business credit, poor personal credit etc. 

I'm talking a loan under $4k.  Get it, use, plan a way to make up the fees associated with it, and then be done with it and don't wait for another one.  

I did come across an article on Reddit a few weeks back about someone speaking of some working capital loans (non square) and he broke it down into an APR, since its not "technically" an APR. but it ended up being like 124% or something.  I mean to share it with ya and it slipped my mind. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 306 of 432
Square Champion

Any news yet? 

Message 307 of 432

Nothing new 88% paid,  but I did receive another email so Our business is just waiting for……. 

Thank you for contacting us. I'm Jules and I am reaching out to you on behalf of the Square Loans Team.

It’s important to everyone that lending through Square Banking is done responsibly. We know your business is important and we don’t take that lightly. We want you to be successful and we support your future growth.

To help ensure you get an offer that’s just right for your business, Square Banking reviews accounts on an ongoing basis. There is no specific information we can share at this time because eligibility is based on a unique formula, but keep in mind that we evaluate accounts as a whole. The formula balances different factors of your business that may positively and negatively affect your business’s eligibility for an offer.

Please know that Square Banking is committed to helping your business succeed, but we understand that you may need to seek financing outside of Square Banking for immediate needs. If you are considering other options for a business loan, please review our 4 Things to Consider When Evaluating a Loan Offer in our Town Square Blog.

We will continue to monitor your account and notify you if your business becomes eligible for a Square Loan offer.

You can also review your loan eligibility page by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard. This page was built to help our sellers gain insight into the status of their Square Loans eligibility by taking your business’s real time data and comparing it to key factors that determine eligibility. If any of your eligibility factors need work, you can look at the tips we provide to strengthen your chances of becoming eligible.

Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole. Do not rely on the information we provide in the Square Loan eligibility page to predict a loan offer. We cannot promise a loan offer, even where all of the factors on the eligibility page are “Good.” If you become eligible, you’ll be notified directly on your Square Dashboard and via email. Find out more about Square Loan eligibility in our Support Center.

We hope you find this information useful and welcome any feedback you may have.

Sincerely,
Jules
The Square Loans Team

This is a service email from Square Financial Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc, a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank, Member FDIC.

Message 308 of 432
Beta Member

Still no offer, and just had our busiest weekend so far this year, 35% higher then our avg… I have 2 more busy weeks coming up and if nothing by then I will take my processing elsewhere to get the cheaper rates. Have also started to look for traditional loans/funding as my busy season is fast approaching.  I use the loan typically to buy extra inventory.

Message 309 of 432

We have paid down 78% of our current loan and all of our analytics are great but haven't received an offer for another loan yet. Anyone else having the same issues? 

Message 310 of 432
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Trainerjs - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Sellers have discussed this topic. Here, you will find posts regarding other Seller's experience with Loan offers.

We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 311 of 432
Square Champion

You are my hero and go to gal! You rock and I hate to tag you all the time or poor Pete but you always help. You are a pure sweet soul for me to pass on information. 

Message 312 of 432
Square Champion

My last offer was between 81/84% paid off in March after 3 busy days in a row late Saturday night. It was slightly higher and my bank account not attached to it. I turned it down then because I got a better line of credit through my credit union.  I stay on this page all year long after 12 years and it's been extremely slow right now with people posting Not everyone post but year after year square is offing loans but now it's trending a higher % paid back. Hopefully, that helps! If more people posted it would be great then you could see the trend! I wish you the best!❤️

Message 313 of 432

Yes I'm at 87 percent that loan would help me get more products in my store I'm still waiting they say it is computer-generated well computer generated I'm still waiting

Message 314 of 432
Square Champion

It's trending higher percentage paid back if not fully paid back. One just posted 94% before the offer came in. Good luck to you!

Message 315 of 432