x

Square Loan Eligibility - Failed Debits

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: failed debits]

• Failed debits. Your Square account is reviewed for failed debits due to insufficient funds. Please be mindful of the amount of funds available in your linked bank account to avoid failed debits.

Does this mean debits that square is trying to pull out or if you have a square debit card and vendors try to run card and it fails? Can someone specify

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @rzrshop

Thank you for your question and being part of the community. 

Failed Square Debit Card transactions do not affect your eligibility for a Square loan. However, failed ACH debits made by Square to your linked bank account may affect your eligibility. 

Aspects of your processing history such as failed debits, chargeback history, and changes to your processing behavior may impact potential future offers. Failed debits include ACH debits made by Square to your linked bank account. Please be mindful of the amount of funds available in your linked bank account to avoid failed debits.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Cameron
The Square Banking Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @rzrshop

Thank you for your question and being part of the community. 

Failed Square Debit Card transactions do not affect your eligibility for a Square loan. However, failed ACH debits made by Square to your linked bank account may affect your eligibility. 

Aspects of your processing history such as failed debits, chargeback history, and changes to your processing behavior may impact potential future offers. Failed debits include ACH debits made by Square to your linked bank account. Please be mindful of the amount of funds available in your linked bank account to avoid failed debits.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Cameron
The Square Banking Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 3 of 5

Failed made by Square for what? What type of failed debits? 

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@KitKat2023 ;

As I see this is your First post let me welcome you to the community forums.  

Could have been for failed Loan payments for example.  With Square they use a percent of Credit Card sales to payback a loan with a minimum due by a certain date.  If that minimum is not met Square debits you attached Bank Account.  That is one example of why Square would Debit your linked Bank account.  Another possible reason would be not paying the loan for buying Equipment on a Purchase Plan through Square.  And then there are Chargebacks like when someone may use a Stolen Credit card that was not reported right away and you have to refund Square and then Square refunds the authorizing bank because they will always favor the customer that holds the bank card, and small businesses lose.   

Since I do not know the specifics of theses claims above I am just guessing what Square could pull money from an account for.  This is listed in their terms.  It is also listed again whenever you borrow money or take a payment plan to buy equipment from Square.  There might be more reasons that I am not familiar with, but if you bought your Square POS system out right and have no loans or Chargeback complaints, which are the most common reasons for a debit, you should not have to worry.  The only Debit to my account from Square has been the initial .02 cents or something stupid after they Deposited .02 cents in my account to verify my account back in 2019.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5