x

Square Loan Offer

Just thought I would post that Square Loan must be lending again as they stated. 

I received an offer Thursday evening and by Friday morning it was approved. Not as big as our previous loan but given we’re a retail store and were closed for roughly 4 weeks, we were very happy. 😀

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

This is wonderful news!!!! Hopefully those offers will start generating again ❤️

Message 2 of 12

What state are you in I was told Texas has loan restrictions

Message 3 of 12

We’re in Indiana. Wishing you the best!

Message 4 of 12

Why is Texas a restricted loan state? Places aren’t shut down! We’re in Texas but online only. Still NO OFFER!!!! We’re processing more than we ever have with Square too...

Message 5 of 12

I’m in Texas 

Message 6 of 12

Glad to hear because I was wondering myself as I would have normally gotten an offer months ago and still haven't. My current Capital offer which I got in April, balance is less than $100 so hopefully I'll get an offer soon.

Message 7 of 12

That's good to hear that some businesses have started to receive Capital offers. I'm relatively small, but have recently paid off my second Capital loan. Like many others commenting on Capital loan threads, my business did better during the COVID-19 period, and for me some fo that was due to the Capital loan. 

I talked to a Square Capital representative last week to clarify what state restrictions specifically meant. Her response indicated that if the state had restrictions that prevented companies from operating due to the virus that those companies may not be eligible for a loan. 

For my business that is good news, and I seem to hit the eligibility criteria. Though, one thing I wonder is since I am a single-person business and not generating six-figures every year if I fit into the more stringent criteria. I see businesses on here mention that their Capital Loans are ten and twenty times more than any loan I've been offered. 

In my situation, I have improved on the following and am still considered ineligible:

1. Average payment is $200+ higher than when I started my 2nd loan. 

2. I have more payments per week from customers. 

3. I have processed almost twice as much in sales.

4. No chargebacks in about two years. 

5. I add about a new customer each month, which is low compared to a restaurant, however, I also retain about 80% of my customers long-term 2+ years. 

I am a small business and questioning nearly everything to see what I can do to qualify for another Capital loan and I am hoping I can figure it out. To be fair, it's nice not having to pay a percentage of each payment and I don't need a Capital loan to continue to grow or survive, but it would certainly help improve areas of my business and grow much faster. 

Message 8 of 12

Be careful with getting a square capital loan.  I have one and money goes "missing" and there is no trail to where it may have gone.  Getting someone on the line is absolutely impossible.

Message 9 of 12

I never had that issue. 

Message 10 of 12

Did you have your previous balance paid off? And if not what % were you at when the offer came through?

Message 11 of 12

Usually i would be at about 30-25% When they would offer a new loan

Message 12 of 12