x

Square Loans Reconsideration

I was offered a 4th square loan.  In order to be approved for the loan they needed some additional paper work.  They gave me 11 days to come up with what I needed.  When there were 4 days left, I got a reminder about uploading the appropriate paper work and that I had 4 days left to do it.  I finally got it the paper work the next day, I went to go and upload it, and the offer was gone.  There is no way to reapply, or for them to give it back.  I have tried and tried to get them to reconsider, and they just wont.  I dont want to have to do one of those loans funding options, they are way more expensive and are not as easy to pay back as the square loans.  I wish they would just let you re apply.  

Message 1 of 77
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @azasu27

I took a look at your account and I can see a member of the Loans team sent an email on 1/3/18 with additional information. Please know that we do regularly review each account and if your business is eligible, we will notify you on the Dashboard. 

For more information about becoming eligible for another loan, click here

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

You hit on the head! Same boat, still growing, but slower due to waiting on government contract payments. The @SquareLoans was tremendously helpful during the transition, even allowed for more contractors to be hired; since the program HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS, i preety much banked on it coming around; but i should have known it was fouled up now, because TOO MANY PEOPLE have the SAME issues now. No way it's all these users, so you have to look at the source. I LOVE SQUARE the model, have lost love for the loans program, although im still refering people, i do them a disclaimer regarding my experience with loans program.  but it is what it is. Good Luck  but my favorite is when they email me the word "Propiertary" we cant go into for "PROPERIATRY ISSUES" Well arent we the Owners? Hilarious at best. Is it happy hour yet? Good Luck!

Message 43 of 77

Good luck to you as well

Message 44 of 77

Yes the same on loan structure. Lol time for an update

Message 45 of 77

I did get a half loan...which is again almost paid off....I to wish for larger amount so I may grow business as needed instead of such low loans..still waiting tho...just trying to grow as can now...good luck to you

Message 46 of 77

At 67% on February loan and still nothing....

Guess our new Liquidation Center is on hold a little longer.

Message 47 of 77

Well we are not 67% of our second loan which was given to us in February. Really hoping for that new Liquidation Center, but can't seem to get offer. This is very discouraging. We opened our new bank account with a more local bank and just hoping to build up enough credit with them in case Square doesn't give us what we need soon. Hate the interest rate idea, but sometimes you just got to do what you got to do.

Message 48 of 77

That was supposed to say we are now at 67% paid and still nothing.

Message 49 of 77

I have been using their loan system about 5 years...this year for lowest ever loan, paid it off in 2 months then offered another low amount, it's now almost pd off...not ever enough to help me the ways I need even it seems now...sadly

Message 50 of 77

You got you like a fiend!, just enough to keep you coming back...

Message 51 of 77

People you are wasting your time.   I have had 5 or 6 loans through two businesses and I have been paid off for almost 3 months and nothing.   It is not going to happen...

Message 52 of 77

WELP!!! lol  @katiem; care to shed any light?? Seems like too many people are singing the same song in Square Loans Choir Robes; I Love Square, just wish the fixed or reverted back to original program

Message 53 of 77

I am so confused...i am 70 % paid on second loan from February.  It would be great if I knew what percentage pay back before 3rd offer.  Really want to invest in a warehouse/liquidation center. We need 14k and don't want to go to bank with their interest rates. Been so pleased with square loans. 

Anyone get an offer at 70% or should I forget it. 

Message 54 of 77

I'm on my 7th and the last three have been 85%, 90% and the last one totally paid off and not offered until two or three weeks after. It's kind of random.

Message 55 of 77

73 % and still nothing....guess we're off to the bank this week. Sad day!

Message 56 of 77

😐

Message 57 of 77

Did you get an offer after all? 

Message 58 of 77

No, been paid off since the end of February and nothing.   I have tried talking to them and its the same generic message.  Paid off all my loans very early.

Message 59 of 77

That’s not comforting at all. I guess when the loan gets paid off earlier or the sales went up, their system doesn’t see the need to offer loan. I wish there’s a way to apply rather than hoping. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 60 of 77

Exactly my ideas and supposedly some reporter has contacted me but I haven't replied yet and I wish they would just go back to my normal loans like I had last year and the few years prior and Stead I get penalized for paying [Personal Information Redacted] off in December and then get a [Personal Information Redacted] loan I think it was in January instead of [Personal Information Redacted] that I would normally gotten or more.. I personally think it's a computer glitch but the fact that you write them and a generic message comes back and last time I asked the lady did you actually look at my account because they made a deposit this morning so she apologizes and said she was looking at someone else's account by accident when she returned my message... they need an upgrade... and I need my normal owns back because I'm caught right in the middle of trying to grow business and just coasting as always..

Message 61 of 77

I'm at 80% paid and haven't received any offers yet. Who knows if I will. I guess the best thing to do is keep processing and pray. And if no renewal is not offered thank God your business has less debt. I'm on my 5th Square loan so I'm not new to this. I dont even bother contacting square either. They dont have direct answers. 

Message 62 of 77

Definitely no straight answers, which i think is the problem. Just recycled emails, and then they insult my intelligience "oh this isnt a generic email" well why on earth can i search Square in my emails, and get the EXACT SAME EMAIL written by diff people, and I mean EXACT copy and paste job

Message 63 of 77