x

Square loan needs work with disputes

My account currently says "needs work" in the section regarding disputes. Every other section is in Green (good) we have had 15 disputes in the last year that are affecting our eligibility for square loan. What percentage of disputes does it need to be under for this section to go back to green? Obviously you can't control when customers dispute payments 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @RREXTREMEWINGS.  Unfortunately, there is no exact answer to your question.  More than likely, it is less about a percentage of disputes (or a percentage of card sales disputed) and more about dispute frequency over a period of time.  I’d imagine (though I’ll never be able to get a confirmation of this) that what the algorithm is looking for is a decently long current period with no or very, very few disputes.  You can always try contacting the Loan Department directly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone there can be more precise.  Like many merchant cash advances (which is what Square Loans are, really) the secrets of the algorithm are not revealed usually.  I’m sorry that we can’t be of more help on this subject here in the Community. 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3

honestly I think you are only allowed one in each 12 month cycle. I received 1 dispute from a client in 2022 by mistake and it resolved in my favor...I had no issues receiving loans offers. Recently I had another client attempt fraud with the disputes and she disputed 2 payments at one time. it resolved in her favor, which was crazy from the start. I have been ineligible since. the client has since given me my money back because I pressed charges in real life through the local police for theft of services and even with this knowledge square wont remove the disputes. this has led me to assume that if you have more than ONE dispute in a 12 month cycle, that red flag will occur and may not change until the 12 month cycle resets with no disputes in between. Of course this is just my theory.

Message 3 of 3