x

Super Upsetting about Capital

I was offered our 6th or 7th loan- and I know that things have changed- last time we were offered a loan- we were denied- then when it was paid off, after a month or so- we were approved a loan after confirming our account. 

So now after 2 days of waiting we were denied because [Personal Information Redacted]. That has always been there- so what is the sudden change? I totally understand this is not something anyone is entitled too- however, it is very disheartening considering we are about to move and needed the funding- we felt like it came in at the most perfect time. 

I know if I even try to call I will not get anywhere just curious if this has happened to anyone. 
I will probably be looking into paypal, again I am so grateful  for Square, but I feel like after paying backj that many loans in less then 3 years with no issues , seems a little unfair. 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Alumni

So sorry you haven't heard from someone on the Capital team yet @hardcoresweetct. I've been asking them to reach out so keep an eye on your email box. Please let me know if you don't hear something over the next few days. 

Message 22 of 27

Why is it that when the Capital team responded to my email I received only a generic response, with no specifics?

Message 23 of 27

It's an absolute joke what the program has become. They tell you to contact the Capital team and you get a generic email saying you can call......You call the number but its a long wait time so leave your number...... you wait days and get no call but you do get another generic mail.....and the circle starts again. GREAT Customer service.

makes no sense, since we were denied our 5th loan we have done close to [Personal Information Redacted], our business is up at this point 300% ver last year.... mix of new and returning (which is dificult in our industry). With no meaningful answers you are left puzzeled as to why you dont qualify for another loan.

It's a big mystery and the customers are left to guess and speculate.

Message 24 of 27

A Lein on your square account? They can do that?

Message 25 of 27

I'm also curious what "lien on my account" is referencing as well. And in many of these threads users are starting the reason they were given for denial but on my end it only shows "personal information redacted" or whatever. So what is this mystery reason you all were told you were denied for that keeps getting erased by the mods/admins? Just out of curiosity..

Message 26 of 27
Alumni

Hi @speakmountain - I'm Katie one of the admins on Seller Community! We ask that merchants don't post personally identifable information on the community because it could compromise the security of your account. This includes specifics around loans and denials for Capital. We redact any sensitive information for your account's safety. 

You can read more about our Community Guidelines here and some expectations around Square Capital here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 27 of 27