x
Beta Member

REFERRAL PROGRAM REQUEST (NOT LOYALTY PROGRAM) 2024

Im a little disappointed. Stop giving out alternative options within the LOYALTY PROGRAM which I'm sorry to tell you square, is NOT the same thing as a  REFERRAL PROGRAM.... Even you use a referral program to get more Square users, yet leave us in the dark on how to accomplish this ourselves for OUR customers. So if I've missed something between 2017 when this was first brought up till now in 2024, please direct me to the exact instructions on how to set up the CUSTOMER REFERRAL PROGRAM FOR OUR CUSTOMERS, not to bring more users to Square. Are you all listening to your users? Because unless I've overlooked this solution online within Google and here, I still do not see where you're even trying to do this. We should not be 7 YEARS into this request with hundreds if not thousands who have asked, practically begged for this. As a Beta tester, I urge you to listen now. Please.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Perfect.  Thank you for that information.

There is a third-party app in the Square App Marketplace called “Ice Cream Social.”  Don’t let the name fool you.  This is a full featured referral program that (to use their words) “turns your customers into brand influencers.”  Basically, you set up campaigns that your customers can share electronically.  When one of their referrals “converts” the referrer can get rewards that you define, with rewards levels even being possible.  Also you can define incentives for the person receiving the referral.

They seem to have a sweetheart deal for Square sellers — $19.99 per month flat fee plus they charge 5% for each conversion.  Normally, their fees are $49 per month + 10% of conversions.  And they have a 30-day free trial so you can try it out on a very limited basis to be sure it works for you.

Follow the link and check it out.  I believe this will get you exactly what you need.  I’ll add that apps like this are the very reason the Square App Marketplace exists.  Square can’t be everything to everyone, and this helps add functionality to the Square ecosystem.  I use a few third-party apps, myself, to help with tasks and automations that are important to me and my business.  There’s a link in my signature block to a page that describes those.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @Fog80.  I hope it’s okay for me to dig a little here.  I think I might be able to offer a few suggestions for setting up a customer referral program using the tools we have at our disposal (including possible third-party apps that integrate with Square).  I know a few sellers in my area who have robust referral programs that work very well and they use Square for their POS.  Having said that…

What is your business?  Can you explain how a good referral program for YOUR business would work?  Unless you have something more complicated than what I envision, I think that I (or another seller) might be able to help you implement this.  But I just need some more information and a starting point.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I have a salon/barber shop. So word of mouth referrals are super important. It would be nice to have someone tell a friend to come to the shop and "use my referral code" for "X amount off your first cut" and that person who referred them would also get a "perk" for sending someone into the shop. The system would obviously need to generate a code of some sort that belongs only to that person and when the NEW person comes in, they get their service, they go to pay at the register and tell me the referral code, i enter the code in at checkout and the system would automatically apply the discount and perk for the referral. Referrals are important for growth. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Perfect.  Thank you for that information.

There is a third-party app in the Square App Marketplace called “Ice Cream Social.”  Don’t let the name fool you.  This is a full featured referral program that (to use their words) “turns your customers into brand influencers.”  Basically, you set up campaigns that your customers can share electronically.  When one of their referrals “converts” the referrer can get rewards that you define, with rewards levels even being possible.  Also you can define incentives for the person receiving the referral.

They seem to have a sweetheart deal for Square sellers — $19.99 per month flat fee plus they charge 5% for each conversion.  Normally, their fees are $49 per month + 10% of conversions.  And they have a 30-day free trial so you can try it out on a very limited basis to be sure it works for you.

Follow the link and check it out.  I believe this will get you exactly what you need.  I’ll add that apps like this are the very reason the Square App Marketplace exists.  Square can’t be everything to everyone, and this helps add functionality to the Square ecosystem.  I use a few third-party apps, myself, to help with tasks and automations that are important to me and my business.  There’s a link in my signature block to a page that describes those.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 4 of 4