x

Can I hide address on pickup/delivery option?

We run our small business from home and are fairly very private people. Is there a way to not have an address for buyers to select as an option for when they selects pickup/delivery?

The only address we have is our home address and we always deliver items or meet buyers in a safe public location. We prefer to not have the private home address linked and local strangers knowing where we live, but this is seemingly unavoidable with a Square shop. We do use a P.O. Box for our shipping address with our labels on Etsy and our Facebook page shows that we are a "mobile" business with "My Page doesn't have a location" as the option for address we have selected. It only shows our town. We also don't feel comfortable using another businesses address for our meeting location since it's obviously not our place.

We would like an option for buyer to select either pickup or delivery and, once order is placed, we email them to figure out the details. Is there a way to do this or do we have to avoid pickup/delivery all together and just stick to shipping?

Message 1 of 33
4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can I hide address on pickup/delivery option?

I checked with our team, and this isn't on the radar at the moment, @_KD_.

Have you considered creating a dummy location?

You could then follow up with the buyer post-sale to communicate the actual pickup location.

Another solid option would be to use Square Online checkout links - have you looked into this yet?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Verified Answer

@nickytickytipsy, Sorry to hear this happened to you. We understand your concern and would hate to see you leave. I wish there was more I could do. 

We appreciate your feedback! 

Verified Answer

Hey @nickytickytipsy

This is still a feature request that’s becoming quite popular. If we have any updates to provide, we will make sure to let you know. 

Verified Answer

Hello @elysiandecalco.

We're really happy to see you in our Seller Community! You can't remove your address from the pickup and delivery settings. What I recommend is to set up the services as shipping and state that the item will not be shipped. 

Let me know if this is an option for you?

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You could then follow up with the buyer post-sale to communicate the actual pickup location.

Another solid option would be to use Square Online checkout links - have you looked into this yet?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Square Community Moderator

Hello @elysiandecalco.

We're really happy to see you in our Seller Community! You can't remove your address from the pickup and delivery settings. What I recommend is to set up the services as shipping and state that the item will not be shipped. 

Let me know if this is an option for you?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 33

Also trying to ship from home without disclosing my address publicly. I see this post is from 2020. Is there a privacy setting yet? Thanks!

Message 3 of 33

Hey @nickytickytipsy

This is still a feature request that’s becoming quite popular. If we have any updates to provide, we will make sure to let you know. 

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 33

As someone who recently dealt with a scammer and lives alone, this would be a really great addition. I may decide to use another provider, as this is a huge concern for me.

Message 5 of 33

@nickytickytipsy, Sorry to hear this happened to you. We understand your concern and would hate to see you leave. I wish there was more I could do. 

We appreciate your feedback! 

Sayra
Message 6 of 33
Beta Member

Any update on adding this feature? It would be nice if the pickup location was provided in the confirmation email version being displayed to a customer who may or may not place an order. As previously mentioned, I want the customer to know the City/Town for pickup, but providing the exact location is a bit concerning for those of us who run our business out of our home. 

Message 7 of 33
Alumni

Best Answer

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 33

Since this question was asked well over a year ago, has there been any discussion on making changes to listing our home addresses in the "pickup" option? Had I known that my exact home address would be listed on the website, I would have went with Shopify. They seem to protect their customers safety and security better than Weebly/Square. I will be sure to inform others that are beginning a home based business on our social media platforms. Nobody wants to only have shipping as an option, then have to refund local customers that inadvertently paid for shipping.  

Message 9 of 33

Welcome to the Seller Community, @HobbyHouse

I completely understand your concern with this, however, the pickup address will need to be displayed for the customer so that they know where they are meant to pickup the order from before making the purchase.

Do you have customers pickup items from your home, or do you meet them in a public location? 

Message 10 of 33

We only have friends, neighbors and family pickup at our home, general public is met in a public space. I changed my address to a P.O. Box without adding a box number to avoid having our home address listed. Our second website will be listed through Shopify.

Message 11 of 33

The issue is not for pickup, if you turn on pickup then yes I agree, the address should be displayed. However, I currently use only 'delivery' turned on but on the website under local delivery my home address is still displayed even though it's irrelevant for me to deliver to people in the zip codes I set. This is a HUGE security issue for me!!!!

Message 12 of 33

yes!! I have spent days and days building this on square to see the only option is shipping or have my home address listed for all to see and Know, That is crazy to do in todays world! 

Message 13 of 33

Hi @sparkleerin 👋  Thanks for sharing your feedback!

The address is shown because your customers need to know where they are picking up an item (before making the purchase). Check out @RedOakResin suggestion here to use cross streets, though. This is the first time I have seen this as a suggestion, and I think it sounds like a great option if you do not want to display your full address. 😊

Message 14 of 33

I understand what you are saying but businesses are given the option to turn on/off pickup and delivery. Customers don't need to see an address when only delivery is being offered.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 12.48.44 am.png

Message 15 of 33

I wanted to keep pickup on to allow the option, but give an address after since I am a small business working out of my home. I just put in a fake address / description saying address communicated after purchase. 

Message 16 of 33

Yes, it seems that is the work around everyone is doing. Unfortuantely, for me the address is pre-filled from a database of addresses but luckily, an address with just the street and not the house number was acceptable, so I was able to submit that.

Message 17 of 33

How can I make a dummy location?

Message 18 of 33

So I found this thread while looking for a solution. I ended up putting
Exact address will be provided after purchase. Pickup in

as the address and then left my city, state and zip. 

So now it shows the customer
Exact address will be provided after purchase. Pickup in Monroe, OH 45050

Message 19 of 33

How did you get this to work??

Message 20 of 33

I run my business from home and do NOT want my address public on the site.   I do allow pickup, but want to give the general neighborhood and then provide specific address to individuals after purchase.   This is important for safety.    I tried using "exact address provided after purchse" but the system is insisting on an exact address in the setup.  this is VERY frustrating. 

Message 21 of 33