x
Super Seller Alumni

Direct to Checkout Link? (Square Online Website)

I need a link that goes directly to checkout for a single product via Square Online Website (not Online Checkout).

The Online Checkout link is great, but it does not create an order on the "website dashboard", it only creates an order on the "main dashboard".  When an order is placed via the website, it creates an order in both places and the order can be managed from either dashboard... that's what I need.

Is there a link that can automatically add an item to the cart and bring a customer to the checkout page online?

For instance, in Shopify, a link like this works: 

yoursite.com/cart/add?id=VARIANTID&quantity=1

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sciabica1936 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

This is more of a feature request because even going directly to an items direct checkout link would make your purchase be completed from the main checkout screen. 

The best workaround for this would be to go to your Square POS Dashboard and use the Checkout links from the items there there as opposed to your Square Online Site.

The best way to get this feature implemented would be to request it on our Ideate Board so that our engineers see how important this feature is to you. 

Feel free to let me know if I can provide any more details. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

@Ria thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, the Checkout Link from POS does not create an order in the website dashboard.

Switching to the "Buy Now" button on the website would actually work for me, but frustratingly, it does not work for Pickup Orders which is the only way I sell.  Not sure why that limitation exists...

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for following up. 

That too is a great feature request, the ability for this to function on pick up orders. 

You have some great ideas that we'd love to see on the Ideate Board. 😊

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4