x

How do I prevent customers from seeing time estimates when placing delivery and pickup orders?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Disable Delivery/Pickup Times

Is it possible to disable the estimated delivery date and time that Square automatically displays?

We have set up a modifier where customers can enter the date they want their order delivered, but Square will of course also display a confirmation with their estimated date + time based on my setup. This is confusing customers because they are seeing two different delivery dates.

I don't want to disable deliveries, I just don't want Square's estimated times to appear. Is that possible?

Thanks,

DOL

Message 1 of 100
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi y'all! 👋

Popping in to let you know that it is now possible to prevent buyers from seeing a pickup or delivery time.

1. Head to your Square Online overview page > Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Select the Edit link to the right of the location you want to edit, then scroll to Order timing settings
  3. You'll see a new section here: Pickup & delivery times

Please keep in mind that when you turn OFF one of the toggles within the Pickup & delivery times section, the corresponding toggle in the Scheduling section will be automatically turned off as well.

IE: If you toggle OFF Automatically assign pickup times at checkout, Allow scheduled pickups will also be toggled OFF.

Let us know if you have any questions about this new ability! 🎉

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 100
99 REPLIES 99

I got really excited for a second and then realized this still doesn't seem to do what I need. I need to get rid of the ASAP option and still allow the customer to schedule a pickup date and time. Am I missing how that is possible? 

Message 64 of 100

You aren’t missing anything! This “solution” is basically the same as it was before. If you want to allow scheduling you have to allow ASAP. 

I got excited too until I realized this is not a viable solution if you want a streamlined ordering process. What’s the point in a website if I still have to email them to schedule a pick up? I might as well go back to taking orders by email. 

Message 65 of 100

This is not a good solution. It STILL means we have to coordinate their pick up outside the website. The point is to streamline the ordering process so that they must schedule a pick up time while checking out. If you run an incredibly busy business by yourself you don’t have time to coordinate this, nor wait around for them to show up just because Square can’t change the word “AFTER” to “AT” in the confirmation email. This “solution” is pretty much the same as it was before if we have to schedule outside the ordering process. 

Why can’t Square just remove the ASAP part of ordering?! Force the customer to choose a date and time. Or at the very least change the preposition to AT so they don’t think they can show up whenever.

Message 66 of 100

How is this a solution to the request we’ve all made? It isn’t! It actually makes no better, if not worse.

Message 67 of 100

I think your dev team didn't understand the request...

The issue is that we don't want customers to be able to have an option for pickup ASAP.  We want a schedule pickup option stand-alone. I run a bakery and I can't have guests placing orders for products several days in the future and not understanding where to change the pickup time.  Customers constantly find this confusing!  I've had to refund more orders than I'd like because guests don't understand how your setup works.   👎

Message 68 of 100

Yes but what we're after is being able to schedule a DATE for pickup or delivery without a TIME. I.e. If I want to order a bunch of flowers for delivery on the 28th of September 2021, I don't want to also put a time for delivery in, just the date. Same with pickup - I don't want to schedule a time, just a date. 

Also, the estimated time thing looks unprofessional and often estimates incorrectly anyway. There needs to be a way to remove this option. I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated customers like us - we can't use the website we're paying for with the current settings,  it's too confusing. This NEEDS to be more customisable. 

Message 69 of 100

I cannot find the Order timing settings section and I need to turn off the pickup and delivery times. Has this been moved?

Please help as at the moment, customers are seeing unhelpful information.

Message 70 of 100

We want to be able to toggle SCHEDULING on and off, without it affecting Pickup & Delivery times toggles. It's currently around the wrong way!

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 4.02.19 pm.png

Message 71 of 100
Beta Member

Why is Square ignoring this basic functionality?  Can someone respond?

Message 72 of 100
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TGPH this feature is already available on Square Online 

You may find it under Fulfillment > Pickup and Delivery > Edit the desired location > and lastly Order Timing will present you with the options shown below. 

Once these two are changed to "No" estimates will not be shown. We are working on improving this and will provide more updates in the future. I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 73 of 100

Yes, it removes the estimates. But it also then removes the ability to schedule a delivery DATE, which we still want?? Why can't we just have someone choose a delivery date and we sort out the delivery times ourselves? This is very basic!

Message 74 of 100
Square

Hi @TLCBallarat - I just enabled some new beta options on your square online account for pickup and delivery that should help you get what you need. Can you check them out and see if they help? We welcome your feedback

Message 75 of 100
Beta Member

Hello Faheem, this is something we have problems with as well. Our courier doesn't do timed delivery.

We want the customer to be able to just pick the date. Would those Beta options  work for us?

If yes, I want in!

Message 76 of 100

Hi Faheem!

I second what Chocolatemann said!! We need to just have the customer choose the date without any time frame.

Message 77 of 100
Square

Hi @chocolatemann and @Adapt - I've enabled these options for you. Check your Square Online pickup and delivery settings to see and configure the new options. I'm hoping they get you closer to the desired experience -your feedback is appreciated.

Message 78 of 100
Beta Member

great it works

Message 79 of 100

Can we also try this? We'd also like the customer to select a date without providing a time frame.  Thank you!

Message 80 of 100
Square

Sure, check your Square Online pickup and delivery settings to see and configure the new options. 

Message 81 of 100

Even when I choose "No" to "Calculate & assign pickup times automatically" and add my own instructions, Square's automatic message "Please note, your order will be ready on our next business day" is still shown in the cart, above my custom message!  Could you please get rid of that automatic message?  Thank you.

Message 82 of 100
Square

@openaircoffee looking into this. in the meantime, if you mark your pickup hours as available 7 days a week, the message should go away

Message 83 of 100

Did you ever resolve how to get rid of the "Please note, your order will be ready on our next business day" as my account is also showing this - along with a day/time that doesn't correlate with my store hours or pickup settings. Help please!

Message 84 of 100