x

How to change the default (5minutes) for the Self-serve QR code station?

Hi there - Currently the Self-serve QR code provides customer a quote for 5 minutes ready and that does not based on any details from the store. 

Is there a way to change or adjust that estimate time since most of the time it will take more than 5 minutes so it is never accurate. thank you!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Thanks for your question, @npham1110.

The 5-minute time you are seeing is being pulled from the prep time you have set in Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Order timing settings > Prep time. If you increase that to something longer it will update the quoted time for self-serve orders.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 16

@AdamB  Hey Adam - that prep time is including for Online order also, so even when we changed it to 15 minutes, the QR code scan to order (under self serve) will still show as 5 minutes! It’s not linking it together... 

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Hmm... that doesn't sound like it's working like it's supposed to be working. Can you contact support so they can take a look?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

We also see a 5 minute prep time for self-serve orders even though our prep time for pickup is set to 30 minutes. We would definitely want a different prep time for self serve orders than pickup orders, but 5 minutes is really confusing to the kitchen that works everything on time things need to be ready.

Message 5 of 16

I submitted a support case on this issue and I have been trying to get update on this everyday but it is not fixed yet, its surprisingly its taking a while to get fixed with a production bug and directly impact on businesses and customers. 

Message 6 of 16

It's August and it seems this issue still hasn't been fixed? Is there an update yet? Our prep time is set for 45 minutes and it still says 5 minutes for the QR codes for self-service ordering. The main concern is what the customer sees when they order. As far as I can tell, the email confirmation they receive doesn't actually list a time, but it still would be a helpful feature to specify prep time so customers don't have to ask.

Message 7 of 16

Snag_21ae8319.png

Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

Same issue here. We have default prep time set to 15m and yet all self serve orders show pickup time in 5 minutes 😕

Message 9 of 16

I am not sure this has fallen through the crack from their support team because it’s been several months and this bug has not been fixed. Or your team just have this as low priority item? 

Message 10 of 16

Same issue here! And I received bad reviews on Yelp because of the 5 minutes promise. This is really annoying! I tried everything to fix this, no results! My pick-up time is set for 15 min and that does not sync with the self-serve ordering.

Message 11 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hello @codmother,

Thank you for reaching out and good to see you posting in the seller community again!  

With regards to Self-Serve, orders are meant to be placed in person by the customer and are therefore treated the same way an order would be treated if they were to walk up to the counter and order from an employee.

SSO (self service orders) or QR code orders do not follow pick up or delivery rules. 

Hope this provides some insight! 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 16

Okay, but how do I adjust the preparation time for SSO?

Another Community Moderator said it was under the pick-up settings. So, please let me know how I can change that default 5-min. Thanks!

Message 13 of 16

Hi @codmother, stepping in for Frida here. 😊

There may have been some confusion on the expected behavior with SSO orders when the feature was first released. I checked in with the product team, and they have confirmed that SSO orders do not follow a prep time like pickup and delivery orders. 

We do have an open bug, however, that is adding a 5 minute ready or delivery time to the kitchen tickets, and I believe it may also show on the customer's end. Is this what is happening to you? Does the customer see a specific time in the order confirmation email? 

Message 14 of 16

Thanks for your reply! Yes, that’s exactly the case.

Message 15 of 16

Thank you for confirming. I'll make sure the engineers are aware that this is also affecting your account, and will keep an eye on the bug. I'm hoping they will have an update for us soon. 😊

Message 16 of 16