x

Issue Showing Item in Navigation Bar

I have one of my navigation bar items link to a single store item, one that I hope makes it evident for customers that the item is required.

However, the link does not show up when added in the editor. More importantly, it only shows up on the published site when the user directs to the sites homepage, and will stay present after that. If the user starts from any other page it will not be there, until the homepage is seen.

Finally, this is a hidden item from the main store. If it is visible the issue goes away.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

HI, to understand, this is a hidden item.  But, you wish to have a link in the Navigation.  This combination is not possible.

The item is either hidden or not. 

Added to the Navigation, the item is available to everyone.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 3

I do not understand why this is not possible, since I can successfully link the item within buttons and text links. My need is for it to not show up in the shop, not in purposefully placed links.

After further experimentation I realized that the header link is visible if I add a separate reference on a page, anywhere. So as a temporary solution I have added a link to my footer. Alternatively, I did try doing a completely external link, but the full page refresh was undesired.

Message 3 of 3