x
Beta Member

Square Inventory Management Issue with Square Online Store

I recently subscribed to Square for Retail for advanced inventory management and I'm running into an issue with Square Online store. Here's the scenario for context: 

I run a local brick and mortar bakery where we sell cupcakes. We make cupcakes fresh every day and most days we sell out of our inventory by the end of the day. Cupcakes are available for sale on our square online store with a 45 min lead time to put the order together. 

Here's where it gets complicated. 

I want orders for pickup that same day, to be restricted by the available inventory. For example, if we only have 4 chocolate cupcakes left, you can only buy up to the available inventory. 

However, if you want to order cupcakes for pickup 3 days from now, I want the customer to be able to place the order because I can make those cupcakes that day if I know I have the order. 

The way the system works now, if I only have 4 cupcakes available for today and someone wants to order 24 cupcakes for next Friday, the online store will not allow that order to go through so I am missing out on a sale.

Is there a way to solve this with the current square product?

I appreciate your help

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Is there a way you can have two different variations within the listing?

For example, one can be called immediate pickup anc the other can be future pickup.

Within the item description you would write the parameters of the future pickup- what minimum order is needed and when cupcakes are available for pickup.

You can also direct the pickup flow to be a certain amount of time after order is placed- 24 hours, 36 hours etcc.

I would also have customers input their phone number with each order.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 2