x

Square Online Store: Image sizing and text suggestions

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: text]

Hi, All -- I want to begin selling my artwork, some of which contains poetry as part of the presentation.  I want people to be able to read the poem as well as see the artwork.  What is the best presentation method so that the text appears large enough to be read?  The artworks are 8x10, 8.5x11, 11x14, 13x19, and the text appears on about 1/2 of the page, except for the 13x19 where the text is on the right hand side of the artwork, in about a two inch box.  I don't want to confuse the customer and show only the text in a separate image, because they will think that's what they're buying.  I have also thought of having a separate YouTube video link with the images and poetry read behind them, or perhaps through my own website or on Facebook?  If you have any ideas, shout them out!  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @SmallTownGal19!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and deciding to use Square to develop your Online Store.

I'm hoping @pessosices, @basic5jewelry, @williamsnursery or @Spice-Topia may be able to offer some suggestions, as they use Square Online Store for their businesses. They've posted their sites within this thread for reference. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @SmallTownGal19 

I think your best bet would be to put the text of the Poem in the Description section of the item itself. 

This way, no matter what device they use, they can read it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @SmallTownGal19!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and deciding to use Square to develop your Online Store.

I'm hoping @pessosices, @basic5jewelry, @williamsnursery or @Spice-Topia may be able to offer some suggestions, as they use Square Online Store for their businesses. They've posted their sites within this thread for reference. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @SmallTownGal19 

I think your best bet would be to put the text of the Poem in the Description section of the item itself. 

This way, no matter what device they use, they can read it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 3 of 7

By, golly, why didn't I think of that?  A SMASHING IDEA!  If there is room for everything in the Description area, that would be THE place to put it!  Thanks much, and HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

@SmallTownGal19 - Happy to help, and glad it works well for ya! 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Happy that worked out! Thanks both of you! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 7
Admin

Thanks @pessosices! Great suggestion. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 7 of 7