x

Square online payments not processing - “declined” error

Customers are complaining and I have verified myself that placing an order through our online store is not working. When processing the payment, the credit card gets declined, no matter what, even when the credit card is (100% - I’ve tried multiple times) correct.

Is online payment processing down? When will it be back up?

We are losing orders!!!

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

We’re very sorry about the Square Online troubles experienced yesterday.

There was a known issue yesterday which has since been resolved by our engineering team. It is possible that you will see some delays with services - such as order confirmation emails or item sync. 

As of right now, the expectation is that the delayed features will eventually update once the queue is caught up.
We’re hopeful that this issue is resolved shortly, although it may take up to 24 hours to return to normal. 

Our engineering team will continue to monitor this issue over the weekend.
Please let us know if you are still experiencing any new or continued issues on your end. 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your continued patience.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Beta Member

EDIT: Whatever Square had going on seems resolved now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're syncing your item catalog"

This message won't let me add or amend inventory.

And now the syncing is not letting me print shipping labels!

Anyone know to make this go away? I don't have that many items.

Message 2 of 22

Hi @aprild I'm sorry you had issues with your account yesterday. I've moved your post over to this thread so we can keep track of the reports we received. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Message 3 of 22
Beta Member

We close at 5:30pm, so every time at 5:30pm, I have to manually go into Square online "Overview" and toggle off the "accept orders" button to disable people from ordering. If I don't manually turn it off,  customers are still able to order and their pick up time will say "Tomorrow at 12pm". 

Is there any way you guys can add a feature so that the website can "close" and stop taking orders outside of store hours? Unfortunately many customers don't read and i'm afraid they will still come to the store to pick up their orders only to find we are closed.  

Please make this happen!

Message 4 of 22

There is a site wide outage apparently. I only saw it because I clicked the ? help button. We're a BBQ place (the Friday before Father's Day!) and our site stopped taking orders at 4:30 and we haven't been able to close the site either now that we're closed.

Message 5 of 22

We’ve also had issues here - several call in and walk up orders that were not able to place online.  Losing sales at a busy hour on a Friday is not cool.

Message 6 of 22
Beta Member

We are having the same issue! Trying to get in touch with Square but have been on hold for 30 min. So frustrating!!!

Message 7 of 22
Beta Member

Looks like there was something going on. I had issues but it seems resolved now

Message 8 of 22

We were having the same issues in Central PA, they started around 4:30-4:45pm Friday evening.

I also noticed that at the same time as the declined-credit-cards issue, the Weebly online site editor was down.  I was unable to access my online items to update inventory counts.

Waiting to get through to support for 40+ minutes and counting...

Message 9 of 22
Beta Member

I am having issues with my Facebook shop sync. I now have to add it manual.Did something change.When adding items in Weebly it used be option show in store front

Message 10 of 22
Beta Member

This is just terrible. Several customers were having problems ordering online, didnt notify us to even try and order in person, so they left. Somehow their order came through and we made their order but the customers were already gone. They emailed us later on to get a refund...wasted products...

Message 11 of 22

Best Answer

We’re very sorry about the Square Online troubles experienced yesterday.

There was a known issue yesterday which has since been resolved by our engineering team. It is possible that you will see some delays with services - such as order confirmation emails or item sync. 

As of right now, the expectation is that the delayed features will eventually update once the queue is caught up.
We’re hopeful that this issue is resolved shortly, although it may take up to 24 hours to return to normal. 

Our engineering team will continue to monitor this issue over the weekend.
Please let us know if you are still experiencing any new or continued issues on your end. 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your continued patience.

Message 12 of 22

Hello,

I see you said the issue was yesterday, however, our company is still experiencing this same issue today and we are losing orders over it. How soon will this be fixed?

Thank you,

Tina

Message 13 of 22

Hi @TMD1

This is an older thread about a specific issue we had last summer. I did respond to your other post asking for more specifics, though. 😊Thanks! 

Message 14 of 22

Authorized. Expires: 2021-06-29 07:13:46
Click to re-authorize

When I click on the link a the the followng error

Am prompted to login which I do sucessfully and then get the error

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/nvncbl.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 32

If I cant get this resolved I will need to get another payment provider as the 29th of June is fast aproaching

Message 15 of 22

HI, on the Home Page of the Community Board the error message states they are currently experiencing performance issues:  Square Online and to review their support page.

https://www.issquareup.com/

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 1.57.28 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 16 of 22

Authorized. Expires: 2021-06-29 07:13:46
Click to re-authorize

give an error

https://nvncbl.com/tmp/square_oauth.php?code=sq0cgp-CL8Hrwyub2u63zLI8LaIiA&response_type=code&state=...

returns the error

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/nvncbl.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 32

Message 17 of 22

What happened to the export button in Orders? I need to be able to export all of my customers' information, including their shipping address, to a CSV file so that I can upload to my shipping software (ShipStation) for a batch of shipping labels. Any thoughts or recommendations on how to do this? Thank you!

Message 18 of 22

Just posting here to let Square know (and others who may be having the same issue) that we're unable to even turn on our site today for ordering at 11:00amEST. Orders stopped coming yesterday around 4:00pmEST.

We were unable to turn off the site last night and unable to turn it on today. We are a ghost kitchen restaurant and don't have a POS so we cannot accept orders until this is fixed, which means no revenue. 

Message 19 of 22

PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE CHECKING OUT!! MIKE BARTH

Message 20 of 22

I'm just starting to set up my square.site page. I did a trial purchase using several cards, but each time it says payment declined. What could be the reason?

Message 21 of 22