x

Why are my online store items not syncing with Facebook correctly?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Issue Syncing Product Variants to Facebook Shop]

After syncing my square online store to Facebook, my product item name and price that I have listed in my square online store does show up correctly in the Facebook shop.

For example, in my square online store I sell a shirt titled as 'T-shirt, Natural' with variants that include different sizes (s, m, l, xl, xxl) with different price points ($20-$22).  However, Facebook includes the XXL variant description in the Facebook shop item title 'T-shirt, Natural - XX-Large' instead of the item title I have in my square online store 'T-shirt, Natural'.  Also, the price listed in my Facebook shop only lists the XXL variant ($22) instead of the range of prices for all variants ($20-$22).

Why is Facebook selecting one of the variants as the primary item to display in the shop regarding name and price?  This is an issue for all of my items so I must be doing something wrong in the square online catalog.  Has anyone else had this same issue?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hello @whisker,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

Was this integration initially set up by contacting facebook or working with their team? Also, can you provide the URL to your website? 

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7

I have the same issue here, where Commerce manager displays the variants for my products, however in the Facebook page shop, only one variant shows.

How do I fix this issue?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

I did a little Googling and it seems like this is a common problem with Facebook shops regardless of where the items are coming from. It seems like Facebook will use the variation that was modified most recently, or at least that seemed to be the general understanding of how Facebook selects which variant to show.

You can still select other variations, though, right?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 7

Is this something that Facebook intends to fix/modify?

Message 5 of 7

Same issue here.. Looks like this issue goes all the way back to 2020 - its now 2024.. WTF. Any answers yet on how to fix this?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jonnygnyc

I see this is your first post in the Seller Community, so I would like to welcome you! 😊

As far as the syncing issue goes, do your items have descriptions? In order for items to sync to your meta catalog, they must have descriptions. 

Any information you can provide as far as to what you're seeing will be helpful! 

I'll be on the lookout for your response. 

Message 7 of 7