x

Online Store: Why does my site show as 'not secure'?

I recently switched over to the new online store powered by Weebly. It was working fine, until I upgraded and added a custom domain (my website is hosted by Wix). The link works, but it is NOT SECURE and it has caused all of my products to state, "not accepting payments at this time." I tried switching back to the domain that Square automatically assigned to our Weebly store, but I cannot find an option that lets me do that. It says SSL is automatic, to give it some time and it will override, but it's been about 10 hours since I switched domains, and it is  still not working

Message 1 of 181
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tolgardgames-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Really sorry to hear about this issue you've been experiencing.

Any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. You will also need to make sure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled.

If you're using the Square Online Store, you can unpublish (from Website> General Settings) and then publish again from within the editor.

Let me know which of these suggestions/steps you've tried already. I look forward to hearing from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 181
180 REPLIES 180

I have transferred my domain to weebly and the dns settings are correct and are confirmed to be pointed to you, but I keep getting this message and am unable to publish my site. 'Update your DNS settings to use your custom domain for this site. Update DNS Settings :

Message 85 of 181
Admin

Hey @dazedandconfuse- I moved your post here so that you're able to see @Isabelle_'s Best Answer regarding this DNS issue.

Check it out and let us know if any other questions come up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 86 of 181

I'm having the same problem but I'm unsure where to go to update the ip address. I bought my website through this website and it's telling me I have to change the DNS. Any help would be great! 

Message 87 of 181
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @imanivkc 👋 Thanks for letting us know! So sorry for the trouble. Are you receiving any specific instructions or error message concerning your DNS settings for your website? Feel free to add a screenshot or copy and text here if need be.

We will do our best to troubleshoot!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 88 of 181

Hello, 

I had a customer inform me over the holiday weekend that my site shows that it is unsecured. I ended up taking her order over the phone. But now concerned, for my current customers and the ones I might be losing because of the unsecured notice that pops up in the tool bar. What can I do to resolve this? And I am not very computer tech savvy, so please be slow and gentle. 

Message 89 of 181

Hi there, @DHill - thanks for reaching out to us here. So sorry to hear about the trouble here! Were any of the troubleshooting steps above able to resolve this for you? If not, we would recommend you reach out to our Support Team whenever possible - they can take a deep dive with you. 

Joe
Message 90 of 181

Thank you for resolving. 

Message 91 of 181
Beta Member

Same issue here

Message 92 of 181

Hi @A1gearllc Have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed in the Best Answer above? Can you let us know the domain name? We can try to take a look as well. 

Message 93 of 181

Hi,

I just connected a personal domain name with my new Square online store, which I just published. When I visit my website it says it's not secure. Is this because I'm using the personal plan? Do I need to upgrade to the Professional plan? My website is www.mauinata.com.

Thank you for your help!

Message 94 of 181

Seems to be working now! Thank you!

Message 95 of 181

Hi there, @bafranco1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us.

Glad you got this one solved! Strange, indeed. Please keep us updated if anything goes awry, and we will step in to assist! Until then, happy selling!

Cheers!

Joe
Message 96 of 181
Beta Member

I recently transferred my domain to Square and I have lost my https setting. I understood that SSL was included with my online store. I do not know how to fix this, on some browsers my customers are being warned that they should not enter the store! I did edit the DNS settings, and it has been more than 48 hours (4 days). I found an old thread on this, and it was suggested to contact weekly support, but the links just take me to square support topics and can't report this issue anywhere. Can anyone help?

Message 97 of 181

It is finally working now... started the transfer a week ago.  But I'm getting a security error message now. Can you help with that?

Message 98 of 181

Message 99 of 181

@GingersGems I can try! What is the security error message? Do you have a screenshot of it by chance?

AshleyK
Message 100 of 181

site is not secure  

not secure.JPG

Message 101 of 181
Admin

Hi @GingersGems-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

How long ago did you update your domain? If you take a look in this thread, you'll see that any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. Please feel free to reply back in this thread if the issue is not resolved in 24-48 hours.

Thanks! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 102 of 181

I transferred the Domain a week ago today.  I updated the DNS this week... a couple days ago.  I'll give it another day and see if it corrects itself.

Message 103 of 181

I'm still seeing the error messages.  Also We’re not taking orders just yet. Check back soon.  I started this process over a week ago!

Message 104 of 181

Please help.  My site is still not secure and has this message:  We’re not taking orders just yet. Check back soon.

Message 105 of 181