x
Highlighted

Online Store only permissions

Is Online Story only permissions still a work in progress? I would like to give access to my designer but not access to our sales etc. I see there is a place to hire a designer, but to invite your own designer would also be really beneficial.

Tags (1)
Message 41 of 50
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Online Store only permissions

Hi @Mbc1! I've merged your post with an existing thread that helps address this, but, yes, we are still tracking feature requests for this. In order for any one of your employees to have access to edit your online store they will need to have administrator permissions enabled. 

In the meantime, I will continue to bubble up any and all feedback for this feature request. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 42 of 50
Highlighted

How do i add someone to edit the site with limited access to the weebly platform

How do i add someone to edit the site with limited access to the weebly platform

Message 43 of 50
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How do i add someone to edit the site with limited access to the weebly platform

While it isn't currently possible to allow someone limited access to the editing capabilites for your website, this is a request that we've heard from others. At this time, only team members who have Full Access applied to their role will be able to edit the Square Online Store.

I've gone ahead and moved your post over to this thread where we've seen this feature request, so that you will receive a notification if we post any further updates here, @Zak1.

Valentina
Message 44 of 50
Highlighted
Beta Member

Re: How do i add someone to edit the site with limited access to the weebly platform

Join the club. We've been asking for this for months! No visible progress on this front.

I am currently locked to my business 7 days a week because I'm the only one that can do many things that I should be able to delegate. But they haven't added permissions and partitions on data to make this possible. 

Message 45 of 50
Highlighted

That’s my problem too..am working on it all the time...it does get a little tiring and monotonous as new people would have new ideas too

Message 46 of 50
Highlighted
Admin

Hi there, @vickyaustin - we hear you, here. We can confirm that we are currently making progress on this front in terms of development with our Online Store Product Teams. As soon as we have solidified news to share, we will bounce back here and update this thread accordinly.

We really appreciate your patience! 

Joe
Message 47 of 50
Highlighted

I need to add a user to help edit my online store without giving full access

I have a storefront, use Square & made an online store that needs constant updates and changes. I need to assign a staff member without giving them full access to all of the dashboard. I can't be the only store owner with this problem. The entire point of choosing Square was to have an online store & POS that are synced. I need to not be the only person editing the website. Is there anyway to turn off the permissions from full access?

Message 48 of 50
Highlighted
Admin

Re: I need to add a user to help edit my online store without giving full access

Hi @ramie! You're right, you're not the only Seller looking for stricter permissions with the Online Store, but currently giving team members permission will also give them full access into everything. 

We're working to iron this kink out. For now, I've lumped your post with a relevant thread so we can easily find you when there's news to share.

Justin
Message 49 of 50
Highlighted
Beta Member

Re: I need to add a user to help edit my online store without giving full access

@ramie, This was raised at least 5 months ago as a critical business need. Don't hold your breath. 

Message 50 of 50