x

How do I add a flat rate for shipping in my new Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Flat rate shipping in new online store]

Can’t find any threads addressing the new online store with shipping issues- I’m trying to keep my flat rate shipping cost always applied to orders that i had with the old store, until I can get all the extra accounts and costs associated set up with the various carriers to function smoothly in the new store. The new online store automatically took away my flat rate shipping and now I’m losing $$ on orders! I can’t find where/how to instate a flat rate. 
halp!

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

To get you started you can edit your shipping here: Store > Setup > Shipping, you will need to add a region, and then edit the region to add a flat rate.

Feel free to take a look at this help article here as well.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

How do I use flat rate option? How do I know how much to charge for shipping? I've looked all over and can't find the right answers. Most the items I would be selling weigh less than 1 lbs. When I looked up USPS or UPS standard flat rate price its $9.65 that seems so high for a item so small. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback would help!

Message 43 of 46

You can add the flat rate $4 shipping and we will utilize a small bag to ship it as opposed to the flat rate envelope. 

Message 44 of 46

I just had my first sale in my online store. They were given free shipping. That's okay because they were a new customer but I don't want that to continue. I set up my shipping charges when I made my website; at least I thought I did.

Message 45 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Hello @beachy7 !

Sorry to hear your customer was not charged shipping. 

You can learn more about how to set up shipping rates here

If you continue to run into issues, share your Online store's web address and I'll be happy to take a look.

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 46