x

Ability to turn off a category would be awesome

I sell plant starts in the spring. I list them under several categories, and then have many items per category. Once spring is done, I no longer need these categories, but in order for the category do disappear on my site, I have to take inventory to zero on every item I have listed. This takes a lot of time. (I often sell items in person and then update inventory later). Would be really handy if there was a way to simply turn off a category and by default any items under that.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@jkleffner You can go into your online dashboard for your website.  Under items go to the button that says filters ---> scroll down to search categories ----> type in the category.

You can bulk edit from this list of items and set them to "unavailable" and it will remove them from your website (not the point of sale) and you can put them back the same way at a later time. 

If you set them to hidden, they won't show up but if someone has a direct link to the item they can add it to their cart.

Hope this helps.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2