x
Beta Member

Adjust for tip and keeping track of delivery drivers orders

We use the Square POS for a pickup and delivery pizza shop. We are trying to find a workaround for not being able to assign a delivery driver to online delivery orders. We subscribe to Teams Plus but it only works for orders placed on the POS.  How can you keep track of orders to pay out tips at the end of the night?

Also, has anyone had issues with only being able to tip before checkout online? People typically have tipped at the door. We are able to adjust for a tip on orders placed on the POS but not online. We aren't looking for a 3rd party integration. We'd like to work within square. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gbrokloff,

Tagging a few SuperSellers here who use the Online Store to see if they have suggestions!

@MAXSDELI @AmyB1 @bagelboss @dasap1234 @Donnie-M @GoGoGuest  @HC_Charlie @jjgard @JupiterGames @shopfybr @londontea @allwhowander @vinesandrushes @LLCafe @VanKalkerFarms @sugarlab @ryanwanner @Ravenssong69 @porktaco @pieous @TCSlaguna

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@gbrokloff Related to your second question. We ended up defaulting the tip in the checkout process since we weren't able to modify it. Not sure if that would work for your workflow though.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@gbrokloff Tough one here.  I would probably first explore the idea of setting the automatic tip to 20% and then just pool online tips and split them between all drivers by hours worked in a week.

2nd option would be to have the drivers keep up with their receipts and turn in a tip owed total with the receipts for the online orders for the night and manually track it..not the best way.  Online orders through square online have to be pre-paid and the ticket is automatically closed out.  But when they can see there is no tip, some drivers may not want to take the order.

The more I think about it, I would tip pool those orders unless your state doesn't allow it for whatever reason, that way all drivers know they get tips for taking those orders.  I could give you a third party site that you can build a good cheap online order site that would allow you to basically key the order into the pos and then take card at the delivery.  You could even outfit your team with mobile card reader where they swipe at each delivery.  There are options, but the online payment with adjustable tip is a tough nut to crack, the risk of no pay orders is there too.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4