x
Beta Member

Are stories broken?

Hi there,

I have been working on adding content through the "Stories" feature. All was going good until this morning, when I viewed my published page and noticed that only the title and story body were showing. I confirmed that on another website I own through Weebly/Square was also no longer displaying stories, despite having not touched those pages for weeks now. 

Is this a bug they are sorting out right now? Something I'm doing? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Beta Member

The issue has been resolved after doing nothing on my part- probably was just a site maintenance issue. Thanks!

Message 2 of 40
Alumni

Sorry we didn't catch your post in time but glad the issue resolved itself ! Let us know if we can help with anything else! @trinalyn

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 40
Beta Member

Literally an hour after I marked myself "best answer" my stories content disappeared again and has not come back! Whoops. Are there still issues being worked out with this? I'm still having issues sadly.

Message 4 of 40

I am also having this issue at the moment! I hope it gets resolved soon 😞

Message 5 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @trinalyn - oh no! This sounds very strange, indeed. We would love to get eyes on it.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Joe
Message 6 of 40
Beta Member

There's no error message, the problem is that the "stories" content is not showing after the initial image and blurb. Here's what I mean:

Content Editor: 

x2.png

Live Website:

x1.png

Message 7 of 40

Hi Trinalyn,

I am having the same issue. Everything has disappeared from the live website. I have shared a lot of youtube videos lately and they are all gone as well.

I have contacted 4 times Square and was told they are working on it (since a week ago).

However, in the meantime, this breaks our websites and makes us look bad, while we strive to provide a quality website/branding. More than 23 stories are broken on my side.

Message 8 of 40

I'm sorry to hear you all are running into this issue. I did confirm that there is an open bug filed, and our engineers are working towards a resolution. We appreciate your patience in advance. 

Message 9 of 40

Hi. Problems here with stories also. No additional content can be seen other than the initial body although in preview mode everything seems ok. Is there any updates on when this issue will be solved?

Best regards 

Message 10 of 40

Same problem here, very frustrating

Message 11 of 40

I am having the same issue. Disappointed!

Please fix!!

Message 12 of 40
Beta Member

Sadly, I doubt there will be any eyes on this until at the very earliest Monday. The real issue is this should not have been left languishing for 3 weeks, it probably should've been rolled back before the holidays, knowing that a major feature on websites were broken.

Message 13 of 40

Hi everyone - jumping in here to let you know that this issue is still being worked on by our Engineers and Product Teams. We know how frustrating it is to wait on issues like this that can interrupt your business, and we appreciate your patience! We hope to be able to bounce back here with a positive update soon.

Joe
Message 14 of 40
Beta Member

Thanks for the update Joe. Hopefully my comment did not come off too harsh 💩

Message 15 of 40

I have had to move all the sections of my Story Page to a Standard Page. I only had one Story Page, so this might be a lot of work for those of y’all that have a lot of Stories. It’s the only fix I can think of currently until Square addresses it

Message 16 of 40

I know this was a few months ago but I am having the same issue as of today (3/26/21).

Message 17 of 40
Beta Member

I am not currently having this issue again, but I will keep an eye on if anything changes. 

By any chance were you uploading a lot at of stories at once? I wonder, since this keeps happening but seemingly not to everyone at once, if this is a caching issue or something further down the pipeline clogging things up?

Message 18 of 40

Seems like stories breaking is a common issue that I am now dealing with and am losing $$$ by the second! Is anybody ever going to figure this out or should I just file a lawsuit against Square? Do you guys recoup lost website revenue for poor technical practices? 

Who can I contact in legal?

Message 19 of 40
Beta Member

Claybird did you just make a ton of changes to your stories by any chance?

Message 20 of 40
Beta Member

Actually I bet I know what it is. I noticed that they have implemented "lazy loading" on the stories page recently. Really cool feature but tricky to get right at first. Claybird, I would find a temporary solution to showing important content from your stories page until they get it all hammered out. This is surely evidence of them working to improve the stories feature. The feature has been stable for me since original posting.

Message 21 of 40