x

Can I manually enter a customer number before printing online order tickets in kitchen?

We are using the square online for pick up only food service.  I have turned off the automatically print option for online orders.  When the customer arrives to pick up an online order we choose the order and select print to send the order to the kitchen. We then use numbers to identify the vehicle location in the parking lot for the food runners. I am trying to figure out a way to manually enter a customer number, or to change the customer name to a number on the order ticket before printing the order on the kitchen printer.  I thought order ticket stubs might be the option I need, but in printer setup Order ticket stubs is listed as "unsupported" I'm using the star sp742 kitchen printer.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @barthur 

First let's talk the printer. The kitchen printers are pretty limited in what they can do, which is why the Order Stubs aren't available there. As far as I know only the thermal printers are capable of printing the stubs.

As for adding things like numbers to an online order ticket, I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

I think your best bet with your current setup would be to make some number cards that you can give your guests then write that number on the ticket as it prints. Not ideal, but probably the easiest way to go about it.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @barthur 

First let's talk the printer. The kitchen printers are pretty limited in what they can do, which is why the Order Stubs aren't available there. As far as I know only the thermal printers are capable of printing the stubs.

As for adding things like numbers to an online order ticket, I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

I think your best bet with your current setup would be to make some number cards that you can give your guests then write that number on the ticket as it prints. Not ideal, but probably the easiest way to go about it.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2