x

Correct settings for connecting domain hosted by a third party (Wix)?

My domain is currently at Wix, but I'd like to have it connect to my Square Store and use Square exclusively for my website now while keeping my domain at Wix. In my Wix DNS settings, I've edited the A (Host) section to have my domain name and a WWW version and both with Value 199.34.228.164, then I entered my domain name in the Site Address section on Square and clicked "Verify". I did not enter anything in the CNAME (Aliases) section - when I did, it wouldn't accept my entry and I read in the HELP that a CNAME isn't necessary if you have two A (Host) names?

I believe I'm now at the point of waiting 24-48 hours to see if the connection worked (I previously did this and waited 24 hours and nothing had changed so I did it again and fear I've reset the clock). I want to be sure my settings are all correct so time is not wasted "waiting".

I am confused because my Square store subdomain address is now not listed anywhere and assuming connecting my domain to Square automatically connects to the store? Additionally, my domain is "disconnected" from my Wix website and entered into Square Site Address but still pulls up my old Wix site. Is that just a sign that the connection hasn't occurred yet?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6916-connect-your-domain-with-square-online-store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 2