x

Could anyone recommend a good video or article on how to sell digital downloads?

Could anyone recommend a good video or article on how to sell digital downloads? I browsed the online help center, but couldn't find anything. I was hoping to set up a digital product that would ship automatically when purchased. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @the_store at this time automatic sending of digital purchases is currently considered a Feature Request. I recommend you add your "Like" and comment. When commenting make sure to include the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hey there The_Store,

Although Square is a "super" great option for processing online credit card sales, however, Square does not have a good solution for selling digital items.  Yes, you can configure your online items for digital items however, you have to manually send the buyer a link for the download.  One of several options is to use DropBox whereas you can control the access link but, this link can be shared with others - not the best method going forward.  There are other 3rd party services that can handle digital downloads "automatically" but, many of them cannot interface with Square.  Bottom line, their is no one solution that can work for you unless you go with a download provider that can interface with your website and Square.  You may want to consider some other 3rd party digital download services and look into who they use for processing credit card purchases.

jk

Message 3 of 3