x
Beta Member

Coupons

At events, I offer a 2 for $50 special on t-shirts. I'd like to offer the same for my online customers. I figured out how to set up the coupons, but I can't find a way to enforce having two t-shirts in the cart before applying the coupon. What am I missing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @NCMutts.  Your request is one that I have seen a few times lately.  It sounds reasonable, but unfortunately this is not currently possible with the Square Online Store.  The only workaround I can offer would be for you to visit the Square App Marketplace, and look over some of the third-party eCommerce apps that integrate with your Square item library and account.  I’m pretty sure that Woocommerce gives you this capability, but you’d have to verify that it is exactly what you want.  And, there are no doubt other apps that will, as well.

I hope this will get you going toward your goal quickly.  Let us know if you have other questions that your fellow Square Sellers might be able to answer.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Is this something that is planned in a future software update?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

There is not really any way to know that for certain.  If it is on the immediate product roadmap, then maybe a Square employee will chime in here and say so.  But that’s pretty unlikely.  There are always updates being released, but sellers don’t know what is coming until it does.  Square prioritizes their new features based upon a lot of internal factors.

Having said that, here is a link to a feature request from another seller regarding discounts.  You’ll see that @JJ_ indicated that Square is working on improving online discounts.  Given that they went that far to say this publicly, you might want to submit a feature request for this kind of discount (one dependent on certain items being in the cart) to be considered.  You can submit a feature request to the online store here.

I do know that they have received a lot of feedback to make site-wide changes and consolidations to the whole discount/coupon area.  If I read that post correctly, they might just be doing that. Fingers crossed.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 4