x

Do I need a Shippo account to ship through Square Online?

So I was told if I signed up with the upgrade "Performance" plan I could do everything from square including printing and shipping labels? Or does sellers have to sign up with Shippo in order to print and ship??  I need more clarity. Would love to get feedback  from square sellers who ship items online. Thank You!

Message 1 of 8
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Info on shipping online.So in order to print labels and ship out we have to sign up with Shippo?

Hi @Malea-98 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you! So sorry for the confusion here regarding shipping with the Square Online Store - we can provide some clarity.

Square Online Store partners with Shippo to enable Sellers to create shipping labels as well as packing slips. Simply log into your Online Store and set up your Shipping settings! Depending on which carrier you choose, you may need to log into a Shippo account with a credit card on file, or create a new Shippo account if you don’t have one already. You can do this one-time setup process the first time you create a label.

Here is a helpful guide to get you started!

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help! 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Malea-98 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you! So sorry for the confusion here regarding shipping with the Square Online Store - we can provide some clarity.

Square Online Store partners with Shippo to enable Sellers to create shipping labels as well as packing slips. Simply log into your Online Store and set up your Shipping settings! Depending on which carrier you choose, you may need to log into a Shippo account with a credit card on file, or create a new Shippo account if you don’t have one already. You can do this one-time setup process the first time you create a label.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

I think the platform's changed again. I DON'T get an option of "Selecting" an Order anymore.

I just copy the mailing address and purchase and print a label via PayPal Shipping. I'm still trying to determine WHY I can't ship anymore thru Square. 🤔

Maybe someone will read this and reply.

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

What app were you previously using to ship? I love Shippo and have had no problems recently. 

Message 4 of 8

How do I connect Shippo to Square? I've synced Shippo from their website, but it doesn't show shipping options in Square checkout. Do I need a Paid Plan? ELI5 please

Message 5 of 8
Admin

This resource should help @CADŌ! Please make sure you followed all the integration instructions. If you have any questions about this, feel free to post back in this thread.

Perhaps @Malea-98 has some insight!

Message 6 of 8

Tank you for your reply. I did use this resource, however when I place an order in Square, there are no shipping options. It simply doesn't charge shipping 😞

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Have you set up your shipping preferences within Square and assigned weights to all of your items (if you are opting to ship by weight.) ? Alternatively you can apply rates that are NOT based on weight. 

Message 8 of 8