x

Downgrading a website to avoid charges

I just got an email saying that Square is going to start charging me $348 a year because they are discontinuing my current plan. I want to downgrade my website to a square.site, but the option is not on the screen when I pull up domains under online store.

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @ADKTradingPost.  Here’s the path to get there.  

1. Starting at your online dashboard go to Online.
  2. From the Overview Screen, click on your location name in the upper right hand corner.
  3. Select Account settings
  4. Click on the My Services tab
  5. You’ll see your website hosting plan, with a subscription column that should say “Pause ! Cancel.”  Click Cancel and go through that process.  If Square is also your domain registrar, there will be another subscription for that.  You won’t want to cancel that, or you’ll lose your domain.  If you want to move it to another registrar, you can sign up with them and then go through their process for transferring the domain from Square to them.

You probably are already aware of this, but I try not to leave things unsaid.  When your current plan expires, all site hosting features in your current plan that are not in the free plan will be removed from your web site.  Hopefully that gives you time to remove them from your site or figure out another way to handle them, if you need to do so.

I wish you well!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2