x

Embedding a Video Gallery in Online Store (on a standard page, not on a product page)

Is there a way to create or embed a video gallery on my Square online store, just on a normal page? I would like a page with a short descriptive text at the top, then a grid of around 3 x 3 thumbnails for my videos that live on Vimeo, each of which would show just the title and the play bar for the trailer. Here is my site:

https://www.yogawithzsofia.com/

Ideally, on the page currently called "Videos," I'd like this grid to appear instead of the single video. I wasn't able to find any way to embed more than a single video. I see there are a few Weebly apps that are meant to create video galleries, like Huzzaz (https://huzzaz.com), but those get very variable to poor reviews, and when I tried to use it, the Weebly site told me I do not have any sites that allow for apps. 

I'm fairly new to using Weebly for my Square store. I initially built a simple site using the free url provided by Square. When I looked into adding my own url, I ended up signing up for a premium site, thinking I would get all of the features and templates available on Weebly. It was only after I signed up that the Square online store Weebly builder has extremely limited options, and I do not have access to all of the nice Weebly templates. I feel like I was tricked into signing up, and all I got out of it was my custom url, no additional features. Very frustrating. I tried to talk to a Square support person about this, and he was so not helpful. 

Thank you all, in advance, for any advice you might have! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community, @zsofia13, and thank you for your post!

It looks like from what I'm reading on Vimeo's video marketing features page that it is possible to generate some embed code for a gallery of videos, provided your Vimeo account is upgraded to the right plan. Once you have the code for that you could use that with the Embed Code section on any page of your site.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4

Thanks, but the "showcases" they mention on the "video marketing" page you linked to don't seem to work with the on-demand videos I've set up to rent and sell. For some reason, only non-sellable, public videos can be added to showcases. I've emailed their support people to see if there is a way around this. I just wish the Square site builder would allow a videos or gallery page that is a grid where I could just embed each video in a spot on the grid. 

Message 3 of 4

Were you ever able to add video.  I am doing the same thing.  I let my regular website go during covid and wanted to use square but can't figure this out or get help for it.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 4