x
Beta Member

Feature Request: suggest an item when adding another item to the cart

Hi,

Is there a way to create a product options with one of the values of "None" ? What I mean is this: I have a product Christmas ornament ($22) and I offer stand for it in silver (+$3) and in gold (+$3). So I've created product options with "Radio buttons" so customers can only select one stand, either gold or silver, but (and here's the catch) I also want the customers to have an option of buying just the ornament without the stand. To achive that I've created product option with "Just the Ornament" option (see attached picture). 
Is there a way to have Square display the "main product" price ($22) and let the customers either choose the stand or not?
Thank you in advance.Ornament_example.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Polona!

Do you mean like an add on item? Meaning when you add one item to your cart, it prompts you to see if you want to add the suggested item to go with it? 

Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Yes, but preferably also showing the picture of that "suggested item".

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Okay - that would be a feature request. I know this has been requested before, so our Product Team is aware. 

I'll definitely update you in this thread should I hear any updates on the development of this feature @Polona. Thank you! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 7

was there any development on this request. It's what i'm looking for as well. Or even general "add to cart" add on options when they go to check out.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cookiewhipped - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

This is still a feature request at this time. I recommend connecting with our experts on the Square Online Support Team so they can further discuss the best options for you and your business by using our current tools.

If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

When we first created our Square online store in 2020 there was an option to suggest an add-on item, so I don't understand why that disappeared and is now a feature request. That was a very useful feature for increasing sales.

Message 7 of 7