x

Help with VOUCHERS/DISCOUNTS for SERVICE based WEBSITE

Hi all

Have built service website http://www.jwedservices.com and have now been told cannot offer discounts as Square does not have this feature for such websites. 

But apparently if use Square Online - can - which would mean something about creating ITEMS and then SERVICES etc.

My question is 1) Will this work the Appointment Calendar and 2) Anybody show an example of how to do this???!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

This is currently considered a feature request @BenTheMan.

Currently, there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. 

In the meantime, if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from the Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello, continuing on this topic, I sell windsurfing lessons by appointment and I require clients to prepay at the time of the online booking. In our business model, we operate by reservations only, and the customer has to book and pay for their appointment/lessons themselves online.

My challenge is that to drive sales I want to give people physical printed coupons that they can later apply for a discount at checkout but the booking system doesn't seem to have that feature. And from what I read here I guess that is the case.

1. How long will it be before my future customers can see a "coupon code" field at the appointment checkout flow?
  2. Are there options or ways around not having a coupon code field?
  3. Can I, should I alternatively setup up my lessons as items/products on my online store and not as a booking service?
  4. Can I have an e-commerce store item/product (the lesson) link to the scheduler after checkout?

Thanks, Obie-Wan!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Aquavento 

As you said so yourself these are features not yet available on Appointments Online Booking (also known as Online Booking Site).

At this time we do not have news on when coupons will be available when booking online. One alternative you mentioned turning Services into items might help, however at this time items cannot be linked to booking.

This being said, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4