x

Hidden menu option?

Hello!

We want to add a special or hidden menu to our online store available only to certain customers, but invisible to others. One idea is to email a link that leads directly to the different menu. Is this possible?

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6881-sell-hidden-items-in-square-online-store
this article seems to do what we want, but is this the best approach?

for example, in the past we have had a different menu for say Thanksgiving. We created a new location, so that customers going to the online store then had to choose between the regular store or new location of the special menu. This sort of worked, but caused lots of confusion. Now we have an email list for special delivery days, and would like to be able to email the menu and pickup instructions to the email list, allowing customers to preorder and prepay.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ThePieMaker,

It's fantastic that you've contributed to the Community, and I'm here to help.

The article you've shared is the ideal resource for setting up a hidden menu option within Square. You can send specific customers the necessary password using our Square Email Marketing service. For further information on email marketing, please explore this link.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else. 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks.

Is a password and using Square Email Marketing necessary for what I am trying to do?

Can I follow the article linked above and set up a hidden menu page, that is not linked or visible to the rest of our online store?

Message 3 of 4

Also-

is adding a featured items section on a hidden page only an option with an upgraded paid plan?

Message 4 of 4