x
Beta Member

How can I turn off tips from pickup orders?

Hello, I do not allow tips at my restaurant but I don't see a way to turn off tips for pickup orders.  I am only able to turn it on or off entirely for pickup and delivery.  I have to provide tips to the third party drivers, so we need to be able to accept tips for that portion, but I do not want to accept tips for pickup.  

How can I turn tips of for pickup orders only?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @manousheh403.  First, my apologies for not replying to this sooner.  I saw your message earlier, and my answer ran through my head.  But then I got distracted (look, a dog! LOL) and forgot.

Currently, I’m afraid to say, tipping is as you have already found it to be for online orders — it’s all or nothing.  My only suggestion is one that I doubt would be acceptable to you because of the work involved.  But, you could go to the Square App Marketplace and look at e-commerce orders, specifically those built for food & beverage operations, and see if any of them allow this level of granularity.  Here’s a link to the results when I searched for “Restaurant order” in the marketplace.  I looked at a couple and came up dry, but there are a lot of them.  You might be rather unique in the industry in only having some service staff being tip-eligible.

I wish you well.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Also, just to put it out there.  If you pay your employees through Square Payroll, you could enable tip sharing and only put your delivery drivers in the tip pool.  But this would have the effect of splitting all pickup tips that were entered among the delivery drivers, and could really upset your in-house service staff.  Still, it is worth at least mentioning.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 3 of 3