x
Super Seller Alumni

How do I accept tips on Square Online orders?

When I migrated over to Square Online, I was enthused to see that optional tipping made its way back to online orders... Only to then find out that the way it was handled was by selling a "TIP" item.

Has this been rectified? Tips on online orders need to be allocated to the same credit card tip account as in store transactions.

Message 1 of 50
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @BT3-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

There is a way to enable tipping for Pickup & Delivery orders via Square Online. For instructions on how-to, please take a look at these steps:

Within the Square Online Overview Page, please select Settings > Pickup & Delivery: 

ink (22).png

From there, select Advanced Settings

Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 11.37.22 AM.png

When you scroll down, you'll be able to enable order tipping:

ink (21).png

I hope those instructions help! I went ahead and merged your post over here as another seller had this question.

Let me know if you have any additional questions regarding tipping for pickup orders. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Beta Member

does square plan to add tipping with apple pay? 

Message 43 of 50
Square Community Moderator

Hey @magicfountain,

If that feature ever does become available- we'll be sure to update the relevant threads so keep your eyes peeled!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 50

I offer services through my website and all the services are rendered via FaceTime and Zoom.  The majority of my clients want to tip me during checkout, but there is no way for me to add the tip option at checkout.  I do not see clients in person, so there is no other way to receive these tips.  There must be a way to do this.  My clients are given the option to add a coupon code, so why not the option to add a tip as well?

Thank you.

Have a blessed day,

Crista

Message 45 of 50

Hey @ahigherlove,

I moved your post to an existing post in the Community on how to enable tipping on your Square Store.

Check out @isabelle's best answer on the first page.

Ashley C
Message 46 of 50

Hello community!
I have a service-based business and sometimes customers pre-order or prepay for services online. Some of my services are offered in person and some are offered remotely.

Apparently if my customers are not using the App, as they would in my office when paying after a service is rendered, they aren't given the option of offering gratuity (a tip). 
During these pandemic times, it's imperative that I have this option available for my clients as my job has been closed and opened and closed and opened.... if they want to give me that money I'd love to be able to receive it in these highly uncertain times!
Thanks folks!

Message 47 of 50

Hey @emilyballlmt and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to enable tipping in the Online Store for online orders.

Check out the Best Answer for details.

Ashley C
Message 48 of 50
Beta Member

The best answer in this thread doesn't apply to that question. I also have tipping enabled in my store for pickup orders, but I have to set up some items as services (for a workaround for another missing feature) and when the items are services there is no longer a tip option. Why not? Why not have it available for ALL online checkout and not just pickup/delivery? 

Message 49 of 50
Beta Member

Hi. 
where do we actually see the people who have left a tip and the amount they left?

thanks 

Message 50 of 50