x
Beta Member

How do I list gift cards in my Square online store?

Hi there

I setup a store using Square Online and I'd like to add the ability for someone to order a gift card via our store.  I have a link to our eGift card page, but I can't find any way to list Gift Cards as an item in the store.  Can anyone help? 

Also, on the Gift Card page, I checked the box next to "Add link to gift card purchase page to site navigation" but I do not see a link to gift card purchase page in my site navigation.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.48.09 PM.png

Thank you for your help!

Salaams

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

HI, you might need to go into the Editor and add the link to your header.  I also found a Square Support page discussing a Custom URL.

https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/6000-square-egift-cards

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.23.34 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

Hey I appreciate the response.

I do already have the custom URL. I'd like the Gift Card to show up on my shop just like any other item.  The custom URL allows people to buy gift cards, but I need to provide that to a customer when they request it, which doesn't make it available to people who are just browsing our online menu.

I was able to get the Navigation link to show up in the Header, so thanks for that tip!  Sadly, the link is very small and kind of appears out of place in our Header. 

Screenshot_2020_11_14_17_06_17@2x.png

If anyone knows how to add a Gift Card to the Square store as an item, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Salaams

Message 3 of 18

HI, glad something did work.  You can adjust the header under Edit Site, Header, Customize to move it around.  

I believe if you add it as a regular inventory item, select which drop down Item Type may work for you, different options appear for each.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 18

Did you ever figure out how to add it as an item? I am struggling to figure this out as well. 

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @harryquery

Have you figured this out? To enable gift cards and add them to your Square Online site: In your Square Gift Cards Overview page, go to eGift Cards > Configure. Toggle on Sell eGift Cards Online and select Save. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Gift Cards or Shared Settings > Gift Cards.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hope this helps! 😃

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 18

Hi Sayra,

I have toggled and enabled gift card sell online; do I also have to add it to my item library? It doesn't show up in my item drop-down selection pane in the Store editor.  Please help!

Thanks!

Message 7 of 18

@Clay-Collective -Yes, you need to add the gift card as an item to your website. I can see here it has been done, correct? 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 18
Beta Member

For the record, this isn't the solution we requested.  We are looking to add gift cards as an item in our Square Online store, just like any other item - NOT as a link in our navigation bar.  The Nav bar solution is a workaround, but we are still looking to add gift cards as an item.  And it seems many others also are looking for the same feature!

Message 9 of 18
Beta Member

Did you get this to work? I have toggled and enabled gift card sell online; but it still does not show up in my online website store. I also don't know how to add it to my "regular" inventory either. Is that a necessary first step for it to show up online?

Message 10 of 18

Hey, there @hikeikimuseum 

I have addressed the problem preventing your Gift Cards from appearing on your Square Site. I can see it is displaying correctly in your Site Navigation. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 11 of 18
Beta Member

Hi JJ,

So I don't really want Gift cards in my navigation bar, I'd like to list them as an item for sale with all the other items in the shop. Is this possible? 

Also, I'm confused about the difference between listing an item for sale that is a "membership" versus the annual "subscription" that I have been getting ready to promote. How can I offer "subscriptions" for sale in my online shop?

Thanks!

Message 12 of 18

Since Gift Cards are an integrated Service, at this time they can only be shown on the navigation bar. However, you can create a section with a button that links to the eGift Card purchase page. 

Important: At this time eGift Card purchases online are completed separately from other types of items. This means that customers interested in buying Gift Cards online will need to purchase them via the eGift Card page.

Now in regards to subscriptions, if you'd like to offer a recurring subscription you will need to set it up in your Square Dashboard via the Online Checkout page. Once the Checkout link has been created, you can add the subscriptions to your website via a Link or Button.

JJ
Message 13 of 18

Hi, I'm having an issue where there is two gift card buttons in my navigation bar but I cant find where to edit them as there is no option to remove them in the Header Section.       

Message 14 of 18

Hey there @BeautyWagon I went ahead and fixed the problem with the navigation. Your navigation now only has one Gift Cards link. 

JJ
Message 15 of 18

omg thank you so much! That's so awsome😀

Sorry it took so long to reply!

Message 16 of 18

I am having the same issue! I just purchased 1000 gift cards for my business but then switched over to Square and now I can not use them. And its now July of 2023 so 3 years after this original post and STILL cant add them! 😩

Message 17 of 18

Hey there, @Stork4D

Thank you for adding this to the Seller Community.

I am going to recommend posting this over on the Ideate Board for Gift Cards, so our Product Team can take a look at the Feature Request. I know this has been a longs-standing request by sellers, so I others will be able to add their voices to your request on that board too. 

Kassi
Message 18 of 18