x
Beta Member

If I delete "Shop All" category howw will it affect my page?

I spent the last 8 weeks or so painfully creating my online store. I have categories for all of my items that are available.  But "Shop All" is pulling items from everything my store has sold for the last 4 years. Most of that is not available right now (I might bring them back). So I do not want them showing on my online store. 

Can I delete the "Shop All" category?

I tried hovering over the items (there are thousands) but there was no trash can or anything.  If I try to delete them in the margin it warns that it will also delete them from my POS.

If I have to change all of them to not visible that will take a long long time.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, to understand you have many items showing in your Shop All that are no longer available. 

Do you have the Similar Items section active?  

Even though these items are no longer available, they do serve a purpose.  They are SEO vested.  They are not available but with Similar Items active, the customer may find something to purchase.  They are leaders, bringing in customers.  

The Shop All page also serves a purpose.  Different customers shop differently.  I always click Shop All pages so I can see what else is available to add to my current cart.  

Best business advice, keep the Shop All page.  It does more than you think.  Let the thousands of items work for you.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 2