x

Is it true you can only collect customer address if you are delivering or shipping???

Hi- So we started a square online store. Our customers pick up orders. We need their address information. It says on square that customer address are collected for all physical items. We are beside ourselves the only information that is being collected is name and phone number? I just got off the phone w/square and they are telling me the only way to collect address is if we are shipping or delivering? Is that really correct??? so frustrating. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, in Advanced Settings it does indicate 

"The buyer address will be collected during checkout for all item types selected. Address is automatically collected on all physical goods."

1) address is collected during checkout for all item types selected

2) address is automatic on physical goods

You did not specify your type of item sold.  If food, you can checkmark Prepared food and beverage.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to locate Advanced Settings.

Online Dashboard, Settings, Checkout, far right Advanced Settings, scroll down to Always collect buyer address for:

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 12.55.14 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

Hello, thank you. We are selling baked goods and CSA shares. People purchase online and pick up at the farm. I see where it says addresses will be collected - but we are not getting any address. It appears you will ONLY get address' if you offer delivery ? This is terribly inconvenient that we will need to contact each customer and have to request address info and then edit each customer profile instead of it just being provided at checkout. 

Message 3 of 5

HI, were you able to checkmark Prepared food and beverage and try a test purchase?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the suggestion. No it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure the issue is they only collect customer address' for shipping and delivery; not pick up. Suxxxx. Thank you for trying.

Message 5 of 5