x

Is there a Way to Add Service Charge on Virtual Terminal?

Is there a way to add a Service Charge (percentage) onto a Virtual Terminal charge? Though I added Service Charge on the Account & Settings-->Business-->Service Charges, it is not being added to my virtual terminal charges.  Plus, I don't see it as an option to quickly add it to a sale on the virtual terminal.  Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RLRichie,

Thanks for writing in to our community! I noticed it's your first post, welcome 👋 

At this time, service charges can't be applied in the Virtual Terminal. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our product team for consideration. Are you a member of our Beta Community yet? We often ask sellers to test out new features here.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions, or suggestions here. 

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for your answering my question.  I certainly would like for a Service Charge to be an option for the Virtual Terminal. Why is it only available in POS and Invoice and NOT in Virtual Terminal? One should be able to have an equal experience using all three of these areas without differentiation.  Please provide this as a recommendation to whomever is developing Square up software.  I am not a member of the Beta Community since I just joined.  I will look into it.  Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3