x

Is there a way to edit a customer's email address for order updates after it has been placed online?

I have a customer who incorrectly entered her email address for an online order that is going to be picked up in-store. Is there a way I can manually change her email so that she can receive her order updates?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Good question @ChocolatePretzl. Unfortunately there's not a way to change the email address once it's been entered into the system. If anything, you'd need to cancel the order and have the customer re-order with the corrected email so they can get the updates.

Sorry, I know that's not ideal. But I can make this suggestion to our Product Team!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Hello Everyone,
I had a customer place an order online last night. They have spelt their email address wrong. How do I update it in the order before shipping it?
I do not want to mark as sent until I change this or they will not receive confirmation and tracking that it has been shipped to their correct email.
I cant seem to find anywhere to change this. I can update their address details but NOT email.
Thank you all in advance

Cheers

Kate

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @beachroadliving,

I've merged your post to this thread where someone had the same question. Alternatively, you could send them update emails manually. I hope this is something we can improve on in the future, as it's not uncommon for customers to make typos when placing orders. 

Message 4 of 4