x

Is there a way to hide pricing before a customer logs in?

and also, to require approval on new customer accounts?

I sell a product for hairstylists to use and I am not comfortable publicly sharing my link right now because the stylist pricing is visible for everyone.

is there a way (even if it's a paid service) to require an account to access pricing and then to have me approve new accounts before they can access?

I will lose sales if stylists feel I am sharing their pricing with clients because just anyone can order without a cosmetology license the way it currently works.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi ChristineTGM,

You can password protect your Square website which keeps your site private - the downside is, there is only one password which you would have to pass out.  Probably not what you have in mind.  You can also create Customer Accounts but, that won't hide prices - it's just an option for the customer to track the status of existing orders or look at their past purchase history - again probably not what you have in mind.  There are other website builders such as Shopify that can hide your prices but, you would need to use a 3rd party app such as SqulQ, Zapier, io, Xplenty or Webniopoly for Square to process your transactions.  You can also password protect a Shopify website however, it's function is similar to Square's.   Squarespace is another website builder which is different from Square.  You may be able to hide all of your prices with a snippet of code - something to look into.  You can also connect Squarespace to Square for processing the transactions.  Bottom line - all the requirements you have in mind may need the assistance of a Developer which is beyond the scope of this Community.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi ChristineTGM,

You can password protect your Square website which keeps your site private - the downside is, there is only one password which you would have to pass out.  Probably not what you have in mind.  You can also create Customer Accounts but, that won't hide prices - it's just an option for the customer to track the status of existing orders or look at their past purchase history - again probably not what you have in mind.  There are other website builders such as Shopify that can hide your prices but, you would need to use a 3rd party app such as SqulQ, Zapier, io, Xplenty or Webniopoly for Square to process your transactions.  You can also password protect a Shopify website however, it's function is similar to Square's.   Squarespace is another website builder which is different from Square.  You may be able to hide all of your prices with a snippet of code - something to look into.  You can also connect Squarespace to Square for processing the transactions.  Bottom line - all the requirements you have in mind may need the assistance of a Developer which is beyond the scope of this Community.

Message 2 of 3

That's what it seems like. Oh well. Shrug emoji.

Message 3 of 3