x

Is there a way to print a packing slip for an online order?

I honestly cannot believe this feature isn't present for online orders!! There is an order detail page...why can't it print? I try to print and the screen shows up blank! These orders don't show up in "invoices" so how do you find anything to print and send with a shipment. SO confused as to how that would be overlooked in a tool like this!! 

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

If you have an iOS device running the retail Square app or the Square point of sale app, packing slips can now be printed by going to an orders detail page, and if it is a shipping order, there should be a print packing slips button in the overflow actions.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hey @pazaz-

Thanks for reaching out.

Before you create the shipping label from the Orders tab on the Weebly/Online Store dashboard, you will have an option to print the label and an invoice:

From there, you can print a packing slip:

Which will look like this:

Does this help? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 13

I don't see a "create a shipping label" button in my weebly store...is that only available with an upgraded monthly subscription? 

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @pazaz great question. Yes, shipping labels and integrated shipping is not available with the free version of the online store and does require an upgrade. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

I don't want a shipping label, just packing slip, why do i have to have a shipping label to have a packing slip?  I have the upgraded subscription and it is useless.

Message 5 of 13

Can you customize these packing slips? I'd also like to include order notes and the buyer's phone number on these packing slips. 

Message 6 of 13
Square

Hi AARONOBER - my apologies, but right now - no for both order notes and buyers phone number.  But I am one of the team members who launched this feature and will convey your request to my teammates.

Message 7 of 13

Do we have to have the return policy on the packing slip? when i tried deleting it and then printed the packing slip it still said return policy but then was blank after it. also is there any way i can change how the packing slip looks? add a banner/logo? change how the prices show since no prices show in it? change layout of it? I think it looks super cheap and I would rather create a packing slip outside of square than use the one that is provided with how it looks now.

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @shopdps - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for customers. At this time Square does not offer packing slip customization. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 13

No. Based on the responses, in order to print a packing slip -- which tells the sender what is in the box, you will also need to utilize their shipping function. WORK AROUND - From the transactions queue, you can click on the receipt link, open it and print from your browser. Good for a fast fix but NOT convenient if you have dozens of orders. 

Message 10 of 13

I found the answer and it was NOT intuitive. This works if you don't have the upgraded shipping subscription. 

From the list of sales click the sale then click "Manage on Square Online" (because *THAT* is an obvious choice<eyeroll>) from the drop-down menu. That will bring up a printable page. It's actually more a receipt than a packing slip but it served my purpose. 

Message 11 of 13
Square

Best Answer

If you have an iOS device running the retail Square app or the Square point of sale app, packing slips can now be printed by going to an orders detail page, and if it is a shipping order, there should be a print packing slips button in the overflow actions.

Message 12 of 13

You must first buy and print a shipping label then you can print a Packing Slip.  If you shipped an order and did not print a Packing Slip as an after thought, then you can, on the order, find the tracking number, across from that is an Edit link, click on the Edit link then you can see the Print Packing Slip.  Hope this helps!

Cordially,
Sue Reedy - Owner
Lavender Wraps
Message 13 of 13