x

Items Marked as Unavailable

We have 2 locations and want to sell items from both locations on 1 website.  One of the locations (Location 1) is working fine online.  All items we set up are available on our website just fine.  However, when I set up items for the other location (Location 2), it will show "Unavailable" and tells me to check my Pickup and Delivery settings or to make sure the Items are available from that location.  Our Pickup and Delivery settings are the same for both locations (but different addresses.)  I have gone back to the dashboard to check the items Locations settings.  I have the items set to Location 2.  Square website settings will show Item as Unavailable.  If I go back to the Dashboard and change the Item to Location 1 (or both locations), the website will allow it to be Visible.  I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or what step I missed.  The bank account is set up for both locations.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community and thanks for your post, @linawms1!

In order for the item to show as available for both locations you will need to have the item available at both locations in your Square Dashboard. The reason why you're seeing it behave strangely when you select just one location for the items is because it depends on which location you were already selected on in your website. 

If you still have trouble let me know, though!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  However, I only want the item available from one location, not both. For instance, if we only have inventory available at one of the locations, we'd need the customer to pick up from that location.  So, I'll have one website with some items from one location and other items from a different location.  Additionally from the business standpoint, the deposits are separated by location (which is important to us.)

Message 3 of 4
Admin

That should work fine with a single website if you want it that way. Which location will show as a pickup option will change depending on what item the customer decides to purchase. If they add a combination and it will tell them that some items are not available at that location. What happens when you mark items as available only from location 2, then when testing the website you change your location for pickup to location 2? It should do the reverse of what you saw before - items at that location will be available and items at location 1 will be unavailable.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 4