x

More than 2 digital files?

Hello,

I have two items for sale in the digital area, however it doesn't appear to let me add any more than two items for digital.  The drop-down menu doesn't have that option.  do I have to purchase an upgraded plan?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @nichotroye7108.  I need clarification on your question.  Here’s why.

At this time, Square Online only lets you take orders for digital items.  It does not give you a way to automatically send those digital items to the customer — you must email those manually.  Therefore, you have no limit to how many digital files you send to fulfill the request.

When you say ‘it doesn't appear to let me add any more than two items for digital’ I’m unsure to what you are referring.  Could you please send a screen shot showing me exactly where it doesn’t let you add more than two items for digital?  I’ve done a quick test and can add as many digital items for sale as I want, so I must be misunderstanding or looking in the wrong place.

Hopefully after your answer we can get this resolved quickly!

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Ill do my best to try and explain.  it appears I don't have permission to upload images.  I'm guessing because I'm a newbie??

When I go to add item from my shop menu a popup window comes up.   

Says Add Item

Item Type 

Item Title

Item Price

Description

for the item type it has a drop-down menu that starts with Physical, then underneath it says Prepared food and beverage, donations, events, service and membership.

It once had digital in the drop-down menu.  I was able to select digital for two separate items and for customers to pay for it and i send them the file.   

So, for adding the item type i can no longer select digital to add more items for customers to pay for.  It sounds like you are able to do this and im unsure why i can no longer select digital as an option for item type.  

I hope that makes sense, sorry i can't upload a picture.

nick

https://laser-engrave-fc.square.site/
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

No worries about the picture. Your explanation was spot on! Bravo!

I did some checking. First I was able to add 4 digital items to my library. So I know that is possible. 

Second I checked Square Help for Square Online and for Digital Item types. There is no mention that you have to upgrade plans to have more than two digital items in your item library. 

This leads me to strongly believe your account internals are messed up somehow. So all I can now tell you to do is get on  the phone with the Square Customer Success team. Tell them that after you add two Digital type items to your library, the option to add more digital items disappears. They can get to your dashboard and verify that and then most likely they will escalate your problem to the engineers. 

I wish you the best of luck for a speedy and satisfactory resolution. I’m sorry I’ve run out of tools in my toolbox!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 4