x
Beta Member

Online Checkout Quarterly Subscription Taxes

In Square Dashboard you can select Online Checkout > Create Checkout Link > Collect Payments > Allow Customer to Subscribe > Quarterly

When I do this there is no item created in the items database, therefore I can’t select it at the item level or have it be included in “all items” for tax settings. A recurring invoice is created when people sign up using the link. When they pay, no tax is applied and I can’t figure out how to turn on taxes in this instance.

The subscription does not end up on the weebly store at all, which is fine for me.

To be clear, I'm not asking for advice. I'm asking for someone to help me find out how to turn on and off taxes in this instance. Thanks! 😃
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @OverflowTaps-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and bringing this to our attention.

You are correct, there doesn’t seem to be a way to apply tax to subscription payment links. I tried this myself with my own demo account, and although there are tax options, there's not a way to apply a tax to a subscription. Only an item or a service.

Until we develop this feature, we would suggest to include the tax in your subscription price. Thanks again and I'll update this thread when I hear something. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2