x

Online Store: Why does my site show as 'not secure'?

I recently switched over to the new online store powered by Weebly. It was working fine, until I upgraded and added a custom domain (my website is hosted by Wix). The link works, but it is NOT SECURE and it has caused all of my products to state, "not accepting payments at this time." I tried switching back to the domain that Square automatically assigned to our Weebly store, but I cannot find an option that lets me do that. It says SSL is automatic, to give it some time and it will override, but it's been about 10 hours since I switched domains, and it is  still not working

Message 1 of 181
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tolgardgames-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Really sorry to hear about this issue you've been experiencing.

Any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. You will also need to make sure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled.

If you're using the Square Online Store, you can unpublish (from Website> General Settings) and then publish again from within the editor.

Let me know which of these suggestions/steps you've tried already. I look forward to hearing from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 181
180 REPLIES 180

I successfully set up a square online website using the free square.site domain.
I transferred my old domain from bluehost to Square. (After deleting my Wordpress site.)

I followed all the steps and received an email saying “your domain has been successfully transferred”. 
I expected that the result would be that when I used my old xxxx.com address that it would show my new square site. It doesn’t. I just get a directory for my old site. 
I must have done something wrong or skipped a step, but I can’t figure it out. 

Message 148 of 181

The domain I transferred to square is Lisepomeroy.com 

my square online site is Lisepomeroy.square.site 

Message 149 of 181
Admin

Hey @Lisepomeroy !

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🤓

Yes, the good news is that your Square site is up and running:

It sounds like you may need to adjust where your previous URL/domain is pointing to. Did you follow these instructions carefully? Let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 150 of 181

Isabella, 

Thank you for your response. 

Because I “transferred” my domain to Square, I didn’t think I still had to “connect”.
Did I miss a step?   
Lise

Message 151 of 181
Admin

Hey @Lisepomeroy!

I'm sorry! I misunderstood you. Did you follow all of the steps in this article? Did you go to Website > General Settings and use the customize button to change the site address to your domain? 

Just to understand the end goal here - you want to ensure that your previous URL points to your current URL/site? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 152 of 181

Yes. I did follow those instructions and received this email as mentioned in my first post. 60D8C9D9-A406-47BF-AA66-82AD4C0AAF34.jpeg

Message 153 of 181

And yes, I want Lisepomeroy.com to be to be the web address for my site. 
Lise

Message 154 of 181

Okay, 

when I go to website/general settings and click on customize, I get this selection. 
C167FDBF-2AC1-4E68-9F7B-413E8176B108.jpeg
I have already transferred my domain to square so I don’t see how these options apply. Is this considered a custom domain. Do I need a paid plan to do this?

Lise

Message 155 of 181
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lisepomeroy It looks like you were able to successfully link your domain to your site and publish. I see what you mean by the wording being confusing, though. Were you able to connect it from this page in your screenshot? 

Message 156 of 181

I didn’t realize that using an existing domain that I had paid to transfer and maintain on square was considered a “custom” domain. That meant I had to pay to upgrade from the free plan. 🤔

It definitely was not pointed out to me that I needed to do that. I struggled with trying everything. Even the customer support person seemed to give up on me. 

Message 157 of 181

Hi I'm having a same issue.  I'm at overseas and checked my website says it's not secure.. Some of thumbnails for my online site are flicking..  Can you fix it as soon as possible?  Thank you.

Message 158 of 181

@Tak thanks for taking the time to work on this with me. Have you been able to try any of Isabelle's troubleshooting steps in her best answer? Please let me know if any of them changed the security status on your site. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 159 of 181

Thanks Ashley, it's been resolved!!

Message 160 of 181

Having some ssl issues, not secure/ this store is not yet accepting payments on iMac. but somehow its working on iPad. Please help, frustrating

Message 161 of 181

HI, you can try to contact Customer Support with this link.   This issue does appear at times.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 162 of 181
Alumni

Thanks @Goldneye!

Hi @Pills + welcome to the Seller Community 👋

Please note that phone support is available between Monday and Friday.

In the meantime, this article explains how SSL works, and this thread should shine a light as well.

Valentina
Message 163 of 181

Thanks for the help, @Goldneye as well. One call, 5 minutes, fixed!

Cheers

Message 164 of 181

My website loudandrowdyfireworks.com isnt showing as being secured what do i need to do to fix that? I bought my domain thru Wix.

Thanks 

Message 165 of 181
Beta Member

Mine also. Domain hosted by GoDaddy.

Message 166 of 181

Hi @kenn_500 and @ChloeMeCandles,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over this issue.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 167 of 181

Im still not getting anywhere with ssl. Got anymore advice? I tried the things that the other threads have said to do.

Message 168 of 181