x

Order Export missing "coupons" column

The new exporting of orders has been really great. Far easier to organize the exported spreadsheet than the previous iteration. However, it seems to be missing the coupons column which has been critical for us. Instead of having all our ordering information on one spreadsheet, we're now slowed down having to hunt down and verify, with the Square issued receipt via the dashboard, to see/verify if a customer used a coupon.

Why was this removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hey @smallfarm As a fellow Square seller, I can’t address the “why” part of your question.  But I think I have a decent workaround that will at least get rid of the “hunt down and verify” part of your problem.

In the new Order export, you can “infer” coupons as follows.  Create a new column with the formula:

Order Total (col. G) - Item Price (col AC) - Item Options Price (col AD)

The difference between the item price and the price the customer paid has to be the amount of any coupons applied.

No, it’s not perfect, but it’s workable while you wait for Square engineers to investigate and determine if they want to explicitly add a “Coupons Applied” column to the CSV.  I hope that helps.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2