x

Order of Modifiers different in POS and Online?

I am a custom engraving company and use modifiers for customers to select a variety of options for the engraved products I offer (like type of plate, type of engraving, font choice, text to be engraved, etc. It is very important that these modifiers appear in a specific order, or it will be confusing.

The problem I am having is that the modifiers of certain products show up in the correct order on the POS app on my iPad, but don’t show up in the correct order in my online square store. I have the modifiers in the correct order through Items in my square dashboard online.

i don’t understand why they would be in the correct order on the POS and not be in the correct order on my online store? For example, the Custom Engraved Pastern ID band I recently added as a new item (through square dashboard on my laptop - I don’t add new items through POS because many of my items require text modifiers and POS doesn’t have those available) shows up correctly on the POS app, but online the modifiers are all out of order.

Not sure how to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

I ran into this issue with my website also.

I believe the modifiers are listed in alphabetical order online not as you add them to the item like the dashboard will show.

You can try naming the modifiers

1. Text

2. Style

3. Font

and see if that changes the order.

I hope this helps

Message 2 of 5

Mine do not seem to be listed in alphabetical order, so numbering or lettering won’t help. This is the order the modifiers show on the website for the Custom Engraved Pastern ID Band (as you can see, NOT alphabetical - they appear to be totally random).

Cotton Webbing Color

Pastern Band Size

Wording/Monogram…

ID Band Plate type

Reflector Strip Color

Off Course Clipart #….

Font Name…

Special Instructions…

Engraving type

ID band Aluminum Plate colors

Review Proof…

On the POS app on my iPad, they are perfectly in order (minus the text fields of course, that do not appear in the POS).

Cotton Webbing color

ID Band Plate Type

ID Band Aluminum Plate Color

Reflector Strip Color

Engraving type

Review Proof…

And just for reference, this is the current order in the Item Modifier list in my online dashboard:

ID Band Plate Type

ID Band Aluminum Plate Color

Reflector Strip Color

Engraving Type

Font Name or …

Wording/Monogram….

Off Course Clipart…

Pastern Band Size

Review Proof

Special Instructions

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing these details @OffCourse. This one will need a closer look by our support team. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I am having a similar issue with my modifer order in POS.   No matter what changes I make to the modifier group name (alpha or numbers), it will not change the modifier group order in POS.    It makes no sense that this order can't be changed in a restaurant POS.

John Losito
Message 5 of 5