x

Photographer's Site Help/Recommendations

Hi, 

I'm relatively new to Square and I am really enjoying Weebly to create my own custom website for my brand Majestic Planet. I am a photographer/artist, and while I enjoy selling classic prints of my photos (vinyl, acrylic, metal, wood mediums) I also create things like woven throw blankets and sometimes get pretty unique.. so this lead me to using Square to be able to customize.

I'm constantly publishing new edits from my trips, and I want to be able to streamline my uploads to automatically create new listings on my site based on publications, but I can't really seem to find anything in Weebly that supports this sort of templating/automation. I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations to help me get my process down to be able to maintain my store more effectively!

Thank you!

In pursuit of the majestic
majesticplanet.com
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @majesticplanet 

I'm personally not sure of the options that are available for you, but @MJD  may be able to toss out some ideas and brainstorm a bit with you. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Hmmm, I’ll get back to you on this!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 5

Realizing this is an older thread, but I just saw it. I'm a photographer as well, and what I'm currently doing is "duplicating" an item that has similar properties, and then changing the necessary info like "item title", image, etc. For me personally, I have multiple sizes I offer of each image I upload, so by clicking on a similar item and duplicating it, all of those sizes carry over to the new item and I don't have to re-type them every single time I add a new image. 

I don't know if that helps in your particular situation at all, but I thought I'd respond in case it helps you or someone else. Until they come up with something easier, that works for me. 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 4 of 5

In followup to this post, I noticed just today that there is now the option to create an "Option Set" for items. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to update existing items that have been published using the old "Variations" method to instead implement the "Option Set." It sure would be nice to go through the 341 current images I've already listed and simply select "Add Options" instead of having to re-list every single item to switch to this new and easier method. Is there a way to do that?

I'm actually not sure when this feature was implemented, as I just noticed it minutes ago. I'm about to add new size availability to my images and would love to save myself time by doing it the most effective way possible.

The images below show the new "Options" set feature:  

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.37.36.png

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.38.01.png

vs the old "Variations" method: 

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.38.19.png

I want to switch all of my current listings to use the new "Option Set" instead of "Variations" without creating all new listings for them. Any way to do this?

Thanks,

Tif 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 5 of 5