x

Pickup & Delivery for Square Online site with multiple locations?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Pickup & delivery for multiple locations and online stores]

Is there a way that an online store page can be linked to a specific location. I design stores for clients and many are food trucks s  I have one that has  3 stores within their site (2 for curbside pickup and 1 for deliveries) and when you set the item to “default location” they all 3 show up.

I also saw that they have released a feature that separates pickup and delivery times when you edit locations. When will that feature be rolled out to everyone?

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @N9NE25Creative-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

For Pickup, multi-location is supported in that customers can choose to pick up from a list of different locations, and inventory is decremented accordingly.

I think what you're looking for is to have a page within your Square Online site for each location. I tested the following on my own account, and I think it would work for you:

Prior to this, I had an item that was available at two of my locations, and when I went to add it to my cart in the Square Online site, two pickup locations showed...

Then, I went to Items in the Dashboard, I selected an item, and changed its location to just one location rather than all of my locations:

From there, I went back to my store to confirm that just the one location I wanted would show up as a pick up option:

And it worked! While not ideal, this is a way you could just assigned certain items to certain locations, and then organize your pages based on location. Would that work for you until we find a more optimized way to manage items with multiple locations?

Let me know! 

***Also, please excuse the odd item name and fake location addresses used on my demo Square account for screenshot/troubleshooting purposes. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

How does everyone handle getting their online orders printed for different locations? We are a bakery going to 7 farmers markets.  Each market is a "location ". When people order online we do not get the order on our store POS, it is sent to the "location ". Since there is no POS for that location, the order is not printed. I tried setting up some old Samsung tablets I had to be a POS for eack market. They sat  in the bakery and printed to a dedicated printer. This would have worked,  but they were too old and wouldn't run up to date Square app. I need Square to allow sending online orders to a central POS.

Anyone have a solution?

Message 22 of 27
Beta Member

Were you able to find a solution? This is exactly what I want for our business. Online orders go to one POS regardless of where pick up is. 

Message 23 of 27

We are also looking for a way to have orders from all locations sent to a central POS.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Message 24 of 27

What about if we want to offer pickup at an event, instead of at our business location? I don't want to list all the events as 'locations.'

Message 25 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @E-cat👋

As of right now, if you are wanting to offer pickup at an event, you will need to list the event as a location.

To create additional locations, visit Locations in online Square Dashboard and click Create Location. Once you add a new location, you cannot delete locations, but you can deactivate a location at any time. Inactive accounts will still be visible and can be reactivated at any time.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I wanted to make sure I provided the clarification that you will need to create a location for each event. You can deactivate the events after they happen. 

I hope this helps. 

Message 26 of 27

We have ONE inventory of our beef,  but multiple ways our customers can acquire it throughout the week- delivery, or one of our 3 pickup points. 
At the moment, our inventory is completely off, because there is separate inventory needed for each location. 
I just need one inventory that links to the pickup locations. 

Is this an option, or is there a workaround at all? 

Message 27 of 27